DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 10-7-13

MGFanJay

I never understood why anyone cared about ratings. Do you all own WWE stock? Then that would make sense. I don't own WWE stock. All I do is watch the programming. It's been the best and most exciting stretch of wrestling in years. That's all I care about -- great storylines and action. That's what they're giving us right now.

WCW's demise and TNA's soon-to-be demise (???) are why fans should care at least a bit about ratings. 

Meltzer said WWE put that match together pretty much with the intention of it being a disaster to make Eva Marie look bad, which is also why it was structured to put her in there with Aksana and Rosa the most. Apparently, she has an ego or something.

As seen Monday's Raw, Eva Marie made her televised wrestling debut as she and fellow Total Divas JoJo and Natalya defeated Alicia Fox, Aksana and Rosa Mendes in a Six-Diva Tag Team Match. Eva's performance drew negative reviews online, as her inexperience was put on display before millions of viewers (prior to the match, she had only wrestled before a live crowd once, a non-televised tag team bout at SummerSlam Axxess in August). It has since come out that this reaction was sought within WWE as she was purposely set up to fail by members of management. Officials wanted to knock her confidants down a few pegs, since they feel she has an undeserved ego and doesn't realize how much she has to learn as a performer. Therefore, they had her sink on national television in hopes of making her humble. This is not the first time in which Eva Marie was pranked in an inside manner. In a segment filmed backstage at a spring Raw show for the August 4 episode of E! Total Divas, she was led to believe by company personnel that she had committed a wrongful act and that an infuriated Stephanie McMahon wanted to confront her over the matter (on the episode, the meeting was depicted as stemming from Eva Marie lying about her background in order to audition to be Fandango's dancer, which was a fabricated storyline). During the blurred reality segment, McMahon threatened to fire her if she embarrassed the company again with her conduct. Eva legitimately cried during the meeting, as she was not aware that the situation was orchestrated and that McMahon was fooling around with her through her character persona.

Why did they even bring her in? I can't imagine her possible revenue generated ever being worth the headache she must be? OTher than her being just unrelentingly smoking fucking hot....

• Like 1

Sbe's not that hot, I don't see it.

I was pissed ever since she slapped Jerry Lawler. I get the reason why she did it, for the show, but jesus, at least let him do something wrong first.

Fuck Eva Marie.

I was not going to contribute to this ratings joke of a thread, but god I do not like that woman.

More AJ Lee.

Meltzer

Officials wanted to knock her confidants down a few pegs, since they feel she has an undeserved ego and doesn't realize how much she has to learn as a performer. Therefore, they had her sink on national television in hopes of making her humble.

What did her confidants ever do to WWE?!  Now her confidence...maybe.
  • Like 2

Meltzer said WWE put that match together pretty much with the intention of it being a disaster to make Eva Marie look bad, which is also why it was structured to put her in there with Aksana and Rosa the most. Apparently, she has an ego or something.

As seen Monday's Raw, Eva Marie made her televised wrestling debut as she and fellow Total Divas JoJo and Natalya defeated Alicia Fox, Aksana and Rosa Mendes in a Six-Diva Tag Team Match. Eva's performance drew negative reviews online, as her inexperience was put on display before millions of viewers (prior to the match, she had only wrestled before a live crowd once, a non-televised tag team bout at SummerSlam Axxess in August). It has since come out that this reaction was sought within WWE as she was purposely set up to fail by members of management.Officials wanted to knock her confidants down a few pegs, since they feel she has an undeserved ego and doesn't realize how much she has to learn as a performer. Therefore, they had her sink on national television in hopes of making her humble.This is not the first time in which Eva Marie was pranked in an inside manner. In a segment filmed backstage at a spring Raw show for the August 4 episode of E! Total Divas, she was led to believe by company personnel that she had committed a wrongful act and that an infuriated Stephanie McMahon wanted to confront her over the matter (on the episode, the meeting was depicted as stemming from Eva Marie lying about her background in order to audition to be Fandango's dancer, which was a fabricated storyline). During the blurred reality segment, McMahon threatened to fire her if she embarrassed the company again with her conduct. Eva legitimately cried during the meeting, as she was not aware that the situation was orchestrated and that McMahon was fooling around with her through her character persona.

WWE succeeding in spite of itself will be the subject of all online discussions in the 2030's

I never understood why anyone cared about ratings. Do you all own WWE stock? Then that would make sense. I don't own WWE stock. All I do is watch the programming. It's been the best and most exciting stretch of wrestling in years. That's all I care about -- great storylines and action. That's what they're giving us right now.

WCW's demise and TNA's soon-to-be demise (???) are why fans should care at least a bit about ratings. 

Monday Nitro was still one of the highest rated cable shows on TV when it was cancelled.  Money Marks > Ratings.