DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 10-7-13

MGFanJay

Maybe this is just a way to write Cena off till the rumble but remind people he still exists. Not that he needs it.

ADRs been using that chair arm breaking thing lately. He attacks Cena before the match and messes up his arm again to send him on his way until he returns at the Rumble. Gives him something to do for a couple of months before Mania too. Boosts the buyrates and its not the main event so they wont have a non finish 2 PPVs in a row.

NintendoLogic, on 09 Oct 2013 - 4:02 PM, said:

As much as I hate to validate this idiocy with a response,

Can we please talk about Heath Slater now?

Or the Guest Referee Poll results. Was I the only who noticed Bob Backlund got like 37% of the vote compared to around 6% for Booker?  They obviously wanted HBK to run away with it but that's a pretty solid second place percentage. When the WWE picked the choices, they were obviously trying to make sure a Y2J situation didn't re-occur but I dare say anybody outside of HBK (or StoneCold) probably would've been done in by Backlund's insanely great promo. Good thing they didn't ask Foley to do it.

Considering ratings have been going down consistently since 2001 except for a couple years with minor bumps and they always get their worst yearly ratings during football season, people whining about guys "not being draws" when ratings are low need a collective wedgie. 

• Like 1

I never understood why anyone cared about ratings. Do you all own WWE stock? Then that would make sense. I don't own WWE stock. All I do is watch the programming. It's been the best and most exciting stretch of wrestling in years. That's all I care about -- great storylines and action. That's what they're giving us right now.

• Like 1

people whining about guys "not being draws" when ratings are low need a collective wedgie. 

I get that everyone on the internet just uses ratings to troll each other, I mean they really can't believe what they're saying, right?

Also, if a million people tune out during some Divas match and Daniel Bryan is on next, guess what, a lot of those people aren't tuning back in.

I never understood why anyone cared about ratings. Do you all own WWE stock? Then that would make sense. I don't own WWE stock. All I do is watch the programming. It's been the best and most exciting stretch of wrestling in years. That's all I care about -- great storylines and action. That's what they're giving us right now.

I've always said that I would rather see five years of the WWE driven to death after being booked exclusively for my entertainment than to have decades of a solidly rated show where no more than 1/3 of the content appeals to me at any given time and is designed to draw the masses, who are terrible fucking people with miserable taste in everything.

Also, that Backlund/Booker/Michaels voting was hilarious.  Personally, I'd have voted for the other two if I were watching live, but to the average WWE App voter this must have looked like

A. Giant Douche

B. Turd Sandwich

C. Kate Upton's Boobs

And whoever said that that miserable camera work ruined Cesaro's incredible Khali spin was spot on.  They really need to re-evaluate the camera work on this show.  Surely no one likes this.

• Like 4

If those storylines and action have a negative impact on business, WWE will stop producing them. Pretty simple, really.

Aksana's new hairdo = NICE. Rosa's dye job = NOT NICE.

Slater's bump for the little bull's hurancanrana was spectacular, as were his sunglasses with the breast cancer ribbon on each lens. Slater for Raw MVP this week.

Main event was great, Big Show sacked up and knocked out the boss, all we need now is an explanation for why a fired wrestler was allowed to march back into the arena, while his music was playing.

Slater's bump for the little bull's hurancanrana was spectacular, as were his sunglasses with the breast cancer ribbon on each lens. Slater for Raw MVP this week.

Slater is pretty Golden isn't he. His battle with the old timers last year was one of my 2012 highlights, the guy delivered the goods in every one of those segments.