DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 10-7-13

MGFanJay

BTW, I love it whenever Golddust returns and immediately catapults himself into the top 5 workers in WWE. Goddamn is Dustin awesome. He's older than most everyone else on the roster and is consistently one of the best guys they have. He really should get a World Heavyweight Championship run at some point. Too bad someone else just got inserted into that title hunt...

The whole thing with Cena coming back seems so strange. Like, if you were going to announce that... why wouldn't he be there live? Think of the pop it would get if they did the whole "And Del Rio's opponent will be...." <cue Cena music><place explodes>. It just isn't sitting right with me.

Think of the ratings pop they'll get next week now that Cena's return is inevitable.I really, really, really hope they keep him away from the Better Business Bureau vs. Team Bryan feud. Make him like Punk -- in a separate universe from everyone else.

And absolutely anyone cashing in on Cena makes them a gigantic star. At least for a while. Sandow's really solid, despite them having him constantly lose lately. But that's not a bad formula, because it makes his inevitable title win look cheap as hell.

Fuck John Cena. The sooner he endures a career ending injury, the better. This entire stretch since he lost to DB has been amazing because it's forcing the writers and bookers to work without their precious security blanket. 

Nothing like wishing injury on someone because you don't like the character they portray on television. Classy.

• Like 12

Fuck John Cena. The sooner he endures a career ending injury, the better. This entire stretch since he lost to DB has been amazing because it's forcing the writers and bookers to work without their precious security blanket. 

Nothing like wishing injury on someone because you don't like the character they portray on television. Classy.

Yeah, to hell with all those stupid kids who love to watch Cena wrestle.  And bring back the NWO and ECW too because PG sucks!!!!!1111!!!

• Like 1

Yeah, to hell with all those stupid kids who love to watch Cena wrestle.  And bring back the NWO and ECW too because PG sucks!!!!!1111!!!

Thumbs up if you agree!

I think the biggest problem with this Del Rio run is the lack of challengers.

I miss seeing the Usos and PTPers on RAW.  I don't get why they pushed both teams for weeks, even having the Usos involved in Reigns being pinned for the first time....and now they're nowhere to be seen.  Inexplicable waste of two fresh, over tag team acts. 

It's been one week since the Usos were on, and were called the number one contenders to Shield. And Titus did show up - it was only for the Komen segment, but he was there. And the biggest problem with Del Rio is that nobody cares - it doesn't matter how good his matches are if he bores everyone to tears. Nobody gets over strictly on ring work anymore, if they ever did. It doesn't matter who he's facing - he feuded with Cena for months and still didn't look credible because his character is one dimensional and boring, no matter how many cool cars he drives or how many people he puts the Cross Arm Breaker on.

- Punk trying to give Truth all the heat and the crowd (and myself) not caring at all was pretty funny

He's been jobbed out and given nothing to do for a year and a half. Don't know why WWE thinks people will just suddenly care when we've been conditioned not to. Especially when he's working with heat vaccuum Axel.

The stuff with the divas still seems so tone deaf. AJ gets really over from a mostly truthful promo and they just keep booking her as a heel, with the Total Divas cast all too awful either in the ring or on the mic to come off as faces. Now they debut people from the show in-ring who are obviously clueless and untrained. It makes all the supposedly face divas look disingenuous at best.

I fail to see how turning AJ face would solve this problem.

Or Cena could be a no show as he's obviously not ready. Del rio wins via forfeit and sandow somehow blindsides and cashes in?

Midcard heel Sandow cashing in on midcard heel Del Rio? The crowds are dead enough as it is.

Oh, save it. It's not like the dude wouldn't be taken care of for life or all the kiddies who buy who garish looking merch won't just buy Daniel Bryan's instead. Do you honestly think WWE is better off always, constantly relying on John Cena and watching the writing staff use that character to cut the nuts off of anything interesting? I'm fine with him coming back to maybe put one or two more guys over, but he can't retire soon enough for me. The last thing WWE needs right now is for John Cena to return and inevitably pivot from challenging for the World title to squashing the Shield and running off Triple H and Steph.

• Like 1

Oh, save it. It's not like the dude wouldn't be taken care of for life or all the kiddies who buy who garish looking merch won't just buy Daniel Bryan's instead. Do you honestly think WWE is better off always, constantly relying on John Cena and watching the writing staff use that character to cut the nuts off of anything interesting? I'm fine with him coming back to maybe put one or two more guys over, but he can't retire soon enough for me. The last thing WWE needs right now is for John Cena to return and inevitably pivot from challenging for the World title to squashing the Shield and running off Triple H and Steph.

So you don't understand why saying "The sooner he endures a career ending injury, the better" could be considered offensive?

• Like 1

I think the biggest problem with this Del Rio run is the lack of challengers.

I miss seeing the Usos and PTPers on RAW.  I don't get why they pushed both teams for weeks, even having the Usos involved in Reigns being pinned for the first time....and now they're nowhere to be seen.  Inexplicable waste of two fresh, over tag team acts. 

It's been one week since the Usos were on, and were called the number one contenders to Shield. And Titus did show up - it was only for the Komen segment, but he was there. And the biggest problem with Del Rio is that nobody cares - it doesn't matter how good his matches are if he bores everyone to tears. Nobody gets over strictly on ring work anymore, if they ever did. It doesn't matter who he's facing - he feuded with Cena for months and still didn't look credible because his character is one dimensional and boring, no matter how many cool cars he drives or how many people he puts the Cross Arm Breaker on.

I feel like ADR would be a great heel in something like JCP or WCW up to like 1996/97. You could get over strictly on ring work there.

But you are right about the WWE. It's character-driven to the point that fans just won't care about you if you aren't interesting outside of the ring, too. 

I said this over on PWO, but I could see them doing a holds-based, low impact match between Cena and ADR, have Cena win, have ADR snap and use a chair or something to work over the injury post match, have Sandow cash in, and then have Cena take a few more months. It'd pop a buyrate, set up a revenge feud for Cena for when he's really healed up, get heat on the heels, and be pretty much the best possible transition from Del Rio to Sandow possible.

Now I'm really pissed Ambrose didn't win MITB. I like Sandow but a heated Ambrose/Cena feud for the WHC culminating at 'Mania could have been amazing.

Meltzer said WWE put that match together pretty much with the intention of it being a disaster to make Eva Marie look bad, which is also why it was structured to put her in there with Aksana and Rosa the most.

Apparently, she has an ego or something.

I understand your dislike for the John Cena character and the way WWE uses him, but to wish for a man to lose his livelihood just because you are tired of seeing him... wish for him to retire and go into acting, or politics, or just decide that it's time to hang it up and go open a gym somewhere. But to actively want a man to be crippled (and that's what it would take to keep him from ever competing again) is seriously screwed up.

• Like 4

Cena vs. ADR for the lesser belt.Bryan wins the big belt.Unification match at Wrestlemania.

Bam.

That's kinda where I thought they might be going also... but you've got a long way to get there.  Plus, you have to deal with the Rumble and the Chamber(s).

EDIT: And I see this was already discussed!  That'll teach me to respond to something I read on Page 2 of a 5 page thread.  Carry on!

Edited by MakeMineGeek

-- Apparently John Cena was cleared by WWE's doctors to return at Hell in a Cell, which just sounds astonishing given he underwent triceps surgery in late August.

-- If you somehow missed it, top matches for Hell in a Cell after last night are Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton for the vacant WWE Title in a Hell in a Cell match with Shawn Michaels as special guest referee, and Alberto Del Rio defending the WWE Title against John Cena. As of today, there will only be one Cell match on the show.

Credit: f4wonline.com

This will always be John Cena's best return and one of the best ever in wrestling:

Posted Image

• Like 2