DVDVR Message Board

The Raw After Wrestlemania - 4/8/2019

Dolfan in NYC

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Putting Cesaro with Heyman after he dumps Zeb and Swagger was big misstep, as all Heyman did was push that Brock ended the streak.

Which would have been fine if it led to Cesaro stepping up to shut Heyman's mouth and beat Brock at some point. THAT was the mis-step.

No reason Cesaro couldn't have gone over Brock at say MITB, with Brock then winning a rematch or multiman to become #1 contender at SummerSlam.

Even better; Cesaro wins MITB (instead of Rollins) then Brock wins the title at SummerSlam as planned. Cue 6 months of Heyman laughing about how no-one can beat Brock and even if a miracle occurs, Cesaro will just take it right back. Then you give HIM the Mania 31 moment and the drama begins - Was he doing it to protect the title for Brock? Did Heyman ask him to get involved or did he do this on his own? What will he do when Brock asks him to lay down and hand it back? 

• Like 2

The more I think about The Bar running in, I think it's a combination of two things.

First, the audience (definitely including myself) kinda convinced ourselves that 2 + 2 = 5.

Second, WWE was insisting 2 + 2 = 3.

With 5 being a huge shock (the system) and 3 being The Bar, while 4 would've been like Drew Mac and Bryan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

The more I think about The Bar running in, I think it's a combination of two things.

First, the audience (definitely including myself) kinda convinced ourselves that 2 + 2 = 5.

Second, WWE was insisting 2 + 2 = 3.

With 5 being a huge shock (the system) and 3 being The Bar, while 4 would've been like Drew Mac and Bryan.

And with McIntyre appearing on SDL tonight, him interrupting the match last night would have made sense.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I love the Glorious Ones at this point. They really committed to it, and turning them heel can only help.

Heel tag team member Bobby Roode is the best Bobby Roode. Dude has never really set the world on fire on his own, but I'll pick the hill to die on that the dude knows his way through tag team matches and I can honestly see shades of Arn Anderson in his tag team work. That's right, I said it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Phil4126 said:

Heel tag team member Bobby Roode is the best Bobby Roode. Dude has never really set the world on fire on his own, but I'll pick the hill to die on that the dude knows his way through tag team matches and I can honestly see shades of Arn Anderson in his tag team work. That's right, I said it.

I firmly and completely believe he's the best heel of his era. Singles, tags, midcard, main event, whatever. 

He's also just not a very good face.

• Like 1

I normally would say work since she, her husband and Bayley are doing weird vague emo things on social media

HOWEVER - per the WON update last night, blowing off Wendy Williams was a big deal

But all the screaming about this is happening in the general thread

• Thanks 1

On 4/10/2019 at 2:36 AM, Phil4126 said:

I thought the same thing years ago when he was cutting the bulk of Fortunes promos when that team turned face. It would remind me of Arn’s rah-rah promos anytime he was a face. 

Although I really enjoyed Roode’s NXT Title reign. When booked correctly, and given a good platform the dude can deliver. Also doesn’t hurt that he has a killer looking finisher.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1