DVDVR Message Board

The Raw After Wrestlemania - 4/8/2019

Dolfan in NYC

57 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yes, her finisher is a punch to the face. That bothers me to no end. When did closed fists stop being illegal? Kerry Von Erich's Tornado punch should have never been counted for a pinfall either.

Always saw it as the rulebreaking stopped before the five count, so it's valid for a pin unless Red Shoes is the ref, then he just doesn't see it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Maybe she should have a better finisher.

Hell, maybe, MAYBE, given her background, she shouldn't be a heel...

Her background says face, but her mannerisms scream heel, just like Alexa during her NXT run. She is a decent heel and should be able to do fine on the main roster as long as they actually do shit with her like they finally did tonight after months of nothing.

I have never understood though why they gave her a punch as finisher. She is pretty athletic and can do a lot more so its always been a weird choice.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yes, her finisher is a punch to the face. That bothers me to no end. When did closed fists stop being illegal? Kerry Von Erich's Tornado punch should have never been counted for a pinfall either.

Its been legal in WWE since around the time Big Show started using one as a finish.

Edited by Eivion

1 hour ago, DreamBroken said:

I'd just prefer a new wrestler's finisher not be immediately blown off like nothing. Certainly not unexpected with the month of fake leg injury angle barely being sold either.

Its frustrating how Becky gets away with such poor and inconsistent selling as she's been doing in recent months. She was already going to win the brawl, it wouldn't have killed her to at least act like Lacey's finisher hurt at all rather than just turning and smiling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Alexa looks like she's lost mass or something which is funny because she was tiny before.  I don't know if she's going to hold up being that small.  

Better keep her away from Nia and Tamina, then. Those oafs will cripple her.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I hope they learned their lesson. She shouldn't work unless there's a reason. She shouldn't have meaningless matches on tv. Give her lackeys for that. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Nia has already injured Alexa twice. Actually, maybe three times?

25 minutes ago, Eivion said:

What injury did she get there? She was working house shows a few days later.

They don't always pick up on those right away. Alexa could've made it worse trying to work through it...

People have been clamoring for Cesaro to get a bigger push for years now. Then there was the "Brass Ring Club" which didn't do him much favors for a while. In a perfect world he and Russev would have held the world title at least once each by now. Speaking of Sheamus, wasn't he supposed to retire almost a year ago due to nagging injuries?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

People have been clamoring for Cesaro to get a bigger push for years now. Then there was the "Brass Ring Club" which didn't do him much favors for a while. In a perfect world he and Russev would have held the world title at least once each by now. Speaking of Sheamus, wasn't he supposed to retire almost a year ago due to nagging injuries?

Spinal Stenosis. Which had ended a lot of careers.

I would love to see Cesaro get a serious singles run, but The Bar interrupting the main event of The RAW After was just a real let down because you expect something new.

• Like 2

I'm not a huge fan of Undisputed Era but I like them fine enough.  I would be hesitant to hope for a sustained push for them.  Cole is over as hell and would probably stay over but due to size I could see them positioning him in a midcard heel/tweener role like how Balor is on the face side. 

2 hours ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

Sheamus did an interview this weekend, where he expressed a wish to see Cesaro win a world title, and said he'd like to see the fans start campaigning for that ala Becky or Kofi. This felt like an attempt to nip that in the bud. 

Cesaro should be a multi time world champion by now. Fully fledged member of the Cesaro Section.

23 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Yes, yes they were. I just wish Black/Ricochet would stop teaming already. I actually like the Gable/Roode team.

I love the Glorious Ones at this point. They really committed to it, and turning them heel can only help.

I like Ricochet and Black a lot as individuals, but the gimmicks just don't mesh as a team at all. Like, the Dusty Cup was fine, but as a full time team it's just weird.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, caley said:

I can totally understand toning down the surprises but why not do something different like a 20 person tag that goes for 40-60 minutes. Or “dream” inter promotional matches like Usos-Revival, Balor-Mysterio and a 3-way non-title match with the Raw, SD and NXT champs, lots of crowd-pleasing segments with legends and comedy segments and beatdowns.  Make it a non-canon night and not worry too much about storytelling.  

But Survivor Series is supposed to be the one night a year when RAW and Smackdown go head to head!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, just drew said:

Here's the thing; Alexa's great. She's fantastic at her job. There are dozens of women in nXt she could've planted into the ground her first match back. Doing Bayley like that both damages her credibility and the potential of Sasha and Bayley moving forward. As someone who enjoys what both women do, probably more than most, that makes no fucking sense to me. 

Bayley's loss just tells me she's moving over to Smackdown.

• Like 1