DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 35 POST SHOW DISCUSSION

RIPPA

5 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

In his book he said he was told he wasn't allowed to use the Sharpshooter at KOTR '93, and talked about where he nicked the finish from Wembley from. Not sure about the sleeper counter.

I always liked the story about how Jericho taught Bret the Casita.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

The length didn't bother me. It started at three here. And we had a house full of family, friends, and kids in and out all day who were enjoying the show. But we also were constantly bringing out more and more food, which is a great way to endure a show this long. Over the course of the show we had ceasar salad, a veggie plate, a fruit platter, naan with hummus, burgers, meatball sandwich sliders on cheesy garlic bread, and chocolate chip cookies. Not to mention the booze. It felt like one of those all day Super Bowl parties I've been to.

Sounds better than the $12 gyro I had at the stadium.  

But I had a great time,  first live Mania. 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

i presume there is also an Asian version out there too but haven’t seen it. 

There is one with most of the UK folks floating around but I haven’t seen one of the folks from Japan yet

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

There is one with most of the UK folks floating around but I haven’t seen one of the folks from Japan yet

I would also not be surprised if there was a South Pacific group photo too (if they are not part of an Asian picture).

20 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Correct me if I missed it, but Ziggler and Ambrose weren't in the battle royale or anywhere else on the show, were they?

Scuttlebutt on the hotline is Ambrose was wandering the streets of Hoboken on a recruiting mission.

Word is he's already signed up:
Big Whoop Carl - He's big.  He goes "Whoop".  His name's Carl.

Runny Beats - You know those warnings on prescription medication ads about one of the possible side effects being diarrhea?  Turns out they're true cause yoyoyo away he goes just like Grammy award winning recording artist Lenny Kravitz, this former DJ is always on the run.  Mama mia!

And the biggest signing, Tin Can Pan.  Former dot com millionaire turned tin can enthusiast has made it his life mission to collect every tin can in the world with the plan to build the Tin Canitorium the future home of All Hobo Wrestling.

Edited by BEN!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

24 minutes ago, BEN! said:

Scuttlebutt on the hotline is Ambrose was wandering the streets of Hoboken on a recruiting mission.

Word is he's already signed up:
Big Whoop Carl - He's big.  He goes "Whoop".  His name's Carl.

Runny Beats - You know those warnings on prescription medication ads about one of the possible side effects being diarrhea?  Turns out they're true cause yoyoyo away he goes just like Grammy award winning recording artist Lenny Kravitz, this former DJ is always on the run.  Mama mia!

And the biggest signing, Tin Can Pan.  Former dot com millionaire turned tin can enthusiast has made it his life mission to collect every tin can in the world with the plan to build the Tin Canitorium the future home of All Hobo Wrestling.

Some questions:

Did you get your parents permission before calling?

What does ghost Mean Gene sound like?

Did he give any insight into the afterlife?

What's waiting on the other side?

Are heels and faces allowed to pal around or is kayfabe strictly enforced?

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

But not only did Owen scout that move. We as fans also knew exactly what that move meant. Just as the finish to Davey vs Bret II and Austin vs Bret I (Bret pinned Austin in the exact manner he pinned Piper). Those told stories and they were brilliant in the long play. You don't get that anymore. 

Bret is/was a savant. He really is the best there ever will be from a story telling point of view. 

Not a fan of Misawa & Kawada then?

I remember talking about what might happen at Starcade with a friend and he came up with the idea that Hogan would end up beating Sting, but after getting the pin it would be revealed that the person he pinned was one of the many fake Stings. Then the real Sting would repel down from the rafters, hit Hogan with the SDD, pin him, then go back up to the rafters. Be both agreed that would turn us off of watching WCW. In hindsight that would have been a better outcome than what actually happened.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

That goes right with "Suplex City, Bitch" and "If I decide to charge for air, you better make sure your bill is paid" in my all-time trash talk pantheon.

I really want more heel Ronda. I don't need her around as long as Brock, but I'm fine if she pops back up with the MMA Horsewomen for a 3 or so month feud with the NXT Horsewomen, especially if we get more of her vs. Charlotte and finally a singles match with Becky to cap it off.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 5