DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 35 POST SHOW DISCUSSION

RIPPA

5 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Triple H really skimped on the full-on Immortan Joe prosthetics. Aces N' Eights biker ski mask is a serious downgrade from past glorious Masters of The Universe cosplay headpieces. 

He skimped on Steph as Furiosa (Tina Turner maybe?).

My favorite part of that entrance is that he did the whole thing with a mouthful of water so he could spit it when he took the mask off. What a goof. 

I crashed before the main event started. So did the crowd, it seems. Who can blame them?

Kofi moment was great. Match was a masterful Bryan performance. The emotion on Woods' face as he pulled off the curtain to reveal the Kofi belt was probably the best thing on the show. 

Let's also note that they had next to no heels coming out of this looking strong. I hope you guys like the idea of Rollins vs Corbin.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 1

Putting aside actual wrestling ability - I still find it a little odd that belts went to the IIconics

Mainly because of how heel heavy all the women teams are across both brands.

Unless Beth Phoenix is sticking around.

It definitely came across as "We have too many babyfaces winning so here"

7 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Maybe I missed something, but... seven pages and nobody wondering WTF was up with Cena showing up as the Doctor of Thuganomics? Did I imagine that? Because that would only raise further questions.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If anyone wants to rewatch the 5 and a 1/2 hours - this is the Watch A Long show they did

I skimmed through that looking at the big moments. Ruby and co. were rightfully baffled by the finish of the main event. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Putting aside actual wrestling ability - I still find it a little odd that belts went to the IIconics

Mainly because of how heel heavy all the women teams are across both brands.

Unless Beth Phoenix is sticking around.

It definitely came across as "We have too many babyfaces winning so here"

Listening to Beth on the E&C pod, it sounds like it was a onetime deal, a proper way to end her career, at Mania teaming with her friend, to honor their fathers, as opposed to her last match on being a random SD episode.

3 minutes ago, MADCAP said:

I knew Sasha and Bayley were gonna lose when the inflatables were pouting along with them. 

Well Sasha really needs to learn not to have Sasha face

• Like 2

Didn't Triple H do a Mad Max thing a few years back. I could have sworn he did, but no-one I was watching with remembered it. Has it got to the point where I'm inventing bloated Triple H entrances in my head?

Also, did Kevin Owens make an appearance at all during the night? I get that they didn't want him to job in the Andre, but I don't even recall seeing him in the back at all. I have to think he's getting a make-good since the original plan was him facing Bryan.

Just now, RIPPA said:

Well Sasha really needs to learn not to have Sasha face

My friend that doesn't watch WWE: "Does Bayley always look like someone killed her dog?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Didn't Triple H do a Mad Max thing a few years back. I could have sworn he did, but no-one I was watching with remembered it. Has it got to the point where I'm inventing bloated Triple H entrances in my head?

One year he did a Terminator entrance

Another year - he and Steph rode to the ring on a giant motorcycle while wearing S&M gear

I am assuming it is one of those you were thinking of

4 minutes ago, Raziel said:

My friend that doesn't watch WWE: "Does Bayley always look like someone killed her dog?"

That will teach the Revival and Sasha/Bayley to do a panel on tag team wrestling

They should have blown it off like the Usos

This is cute - Hawkins said this was legit the first time his daughter got to see him win a match

EDIT: Also cute - the moment of panic in Ryder's eyes when he jokingly yells "Hey Chelsea let's get married now!" and you hear off camera a really loud YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

One year he did a Terminator entrance

Another year - he and Steph rode to the ring on a giant motorcycle while wearing S&M gear

I am assuming it is one of those you were thinking of

I too thought the motorcycle thing (Mania 33) was more mad max in my head. 

How the company (presumably hunter himself) ranks them

Edited by odessasteps

1 hour ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

144_BTS_WM35_04072091gl_01206--81ce27d74

Wait until Dave Meltzer sees Hawkins holding his belt while watching this match.  He will probably call him a loser who takes it all to seriously and shit all over him.  

If I lost 269 matches in a row, I would wear that belt 24/7.

• Like 3

Guest Edwin
1 hour ago, nofuture said:

MVP and Shad Gaspard with the feels.

Came here to post this.

THEY MADE GROWN MEN CRY!

That's pro-wrestling done right.

Guest Edwin

I'm happy they gave Gargano and Kofi their moments.

Say what you want about Gargano/Cole, but seeing Gargano FINALLY win the big one gave me the feels specially after seeing how the entire thing has developed.

Same with Kofi.

Great, great stuff.