DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 35 POST SHOW DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Need to make this a 2 night event. No fucking way I’m getting through this in one sitting. Might end up over 3 nights for me even!

The issue with splitting is how you balance each night. Could WWE get away with only announcing say 2-3 matches for each night in advance?

Night 1 -

Same opening. Bliss, Hogan into Heyman.

Lesnar v Rollins - Announced

Murphy v Nese

Women’s Tag Title

Women’s Battle Royal

Raw Tag Titles

AJ v Orton

Angle’s Last Match - Announced

Bryan v Kofi - Announced

Night 2 -

SDL Tag Titles

Miz v Shane - Announced

Lashley v Balor

Roman v MacIntyre

Mens Battle Royal

Triple H v Batista - Announced

Joe v Mysterio

Womens Triple Threat - Announced

Edited by L_W_P

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

7 pages and the show is only 6 hours old

Why do you all hate sleep?

Not sure if you've noticed but I have weird hours in general. I usually go to sleep just around now or 20-30 minutes later.

Edited by Eivion

I skimmed and didn’t see it so I apologize if it was already said

There are some folks claiming that they have WWE sources who claim that the finish was actually supposed to be Becky getting Ronda to tap.

Its no one I recognize or trust but I figured I would mention it

My favorite moment of the night had to be the win for the IIconics. I’ve been a fan of Billie’s since her days in the Indies so it’s cool to see them finally get this moment to shine. Plus, it was probably one of the most unexpected outcomes of the night. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, The Natural said:

049_BTS_WM35_04072091gl_00378--8a956cb46

Quick Bonus watch:

Spoiler

The young cool professor of abnormal psychology at an Italian university in a Lucio Fulci movie who is consulted to help Christopher George find a serial killer but turns out to be the one cutting up coeds because his mom's boyfriend mangled his groin area when he was 8 in a satanic ritual to re-animate Mussolini.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Overall, I was fairly happy with the show.  Most of the people that should've gone over went over.

Avengers: Endgame will be a three hour movie that won't feel like a three hour movie.

WM was a PPV that was only a few hours in length and felt like it lasted for weeks.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

A few random scattered thoughts:

- AJ/Orton was really good for me, especially loved the RKO counters.

- The SD tag was very solid as well, and Rusev and Nak's coordinated gear looked clean.

- Pleasently surprised IIconics go the win.

- Happy for Kofi.

- I laughed when this popped up in my timeline right as Cena was coming out --

- I felt really bad for Dave when he tripped getting in the ring. 

- The Demon finally felt different than Finn Balor. Stuff like the scissors kick and the powerbomb, just sprinkled in here and there, that was a cool little thing late in the show (and the night) to re-energize me for the main.

- That bump Ronda took to the floor looked nasty.

• Like 2

I watched from the beginning of the pre-show all the way until Becky was handed both belts. I feel like I've leveled up or should have unlocked some sort of PlayStation trophy. All my thanks go to the 11 Miller High Lifes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, iowanole said:

You are all better than me!  I tapped out after the Kofi/Bryan match and from the looks of it, didn’t miss much.  The crowd was really into that, which was good to see

This is when I went to bed too and honestly it made it a perfect PPV this way

Mostly enjoyable wrestling with a great Main Event

10 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I'm just relieved because I thought this would take me to the youtube of a morbidly obese guy calling himself NJ Transit blading the shit out of himself in protest of Kurt Angle not winning.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Per Meltzer - they didn't change the match order (meaning Brock/Seth starting) until after the kickoff show started. 

Dave specifically said it happened at 5:30 PM

In fact - they forgot to tell Hogan and that is why he was baffled when Heyman came out

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Per Meltzer - they didn't change the match order (meaning Brock/Seth starting) until after the kickoff show started. 

Dave specifically said it happened at 5:30 PM

In fact - they forgot to tell Hogan and that is why he was baffled when Heyman came out

Fuck Hogan.  lol.  I wonder when Brock/Seth was supposed to go on.  I liked the show, but it I was spent after Kofi-DBryan.  The HHH tribute hour was awful.  I'll rewatch after that because I didn't really enjoy it as I wanted to go to bed/was falling asleep.  Also....Elias was pretty awesome.  

Edited by Playa Shunna Ver 3.0