DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 35 POST SHOW DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Let me tell y'all something about Kofi. He and the match with Bryan was easily the hottest the crowd was all night.

I was so excited when he won and then I look and this teenage girl in front of me was crying tears of joy and I remember why I still watch this promotion.

• Like 10

Loving that if you search for "batista" on twitter right now there is only one gif you see over and over. Kind of hope he has another "Two guys kill themselves in the ring for you and all you care about is BLuetista!" promo tomorrow about it. That is still my favorite of his.

13 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

the catch for trying to make Wrestlemania two nights is that it almost inevitably gets sorted into the A Show and B Show in perception

But yeah, there's marathon podcasts that I listen to that were shorter than this. But if people will give them money and they can run things on their platform, they'll do it for however long it takes. Same thing happened with the Rumble too.

Also, could Brock have plausibly caught a flight to his homestead in Canada before the end of this?

I think he could have pretty easily. Newark Airport is a 20 minute drive from MetLife Stadium. I wouldn't think Brock would have more than one bag with him to check.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

On the Becky finish I'm surprised because nobody around me including myself thought it was an angle it just looked a little sloppy. We all went home happy. If they turn it into something down the line okay I guess..  Becky as far as I'm concerned is The Man.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Loving that if you search for "batista" on twitter right now there is only one gif you see over and over. Kind of hope he has another "Two guys kill themselves in the ring for you and all you care about is BLuetista!" promo tomorrow about it. That is still my favorite of his.

Mine:

• Like 2

Seeing Ryder and Hawkins win makes me wistful for the days when two dudes with decent hair could just be smilin' babyface tag champs because they're super cool dudes who win matches and break hearts.

Have we lost so much of our great traditions since 1992 that this is impossible now?

I know the answer is yes and they will job tomorrow but still....

still...sometimes I look up at the clouds and I see Marty Jannetty's hair.

large_blm_rec_201709261531.jpg

• Like 5

Kofi absolutely was the most over act on the show, although Becky might've been hurt by not hitting the ring until 7 hours in.

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

On the Becky finish I'm surprised because nobody around me including myself thought it was an angle it just looked a little sloppy. We all went home happy. If they turn it into something down the line okay I guess..  Becky as far as I'm concerned is The Man.

I'm not sure where they are going wit it. Corey Graves definitely seemed to acknowledge it at first. Then Young and Cole were basically ignoring it and playing it like it was a botch and they didn't see anything like a blind referee. Vince Russo would be proud.

Edited by TheVileOne

1 minute ago, Six String Orchestra said:

I heard Shawn Michael's was mad when during the replay of Batista-HHH someone pointed at Batista's nose ring spot with a laser pointer.

"That's gotta hurt!"

Shawn was going full Vince McMahon on commentary.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

I'm not sure where they are going for it. Corey Graves definitely seemed to acknowledge it at first. Then Young and Cole were basically ignoring it and playing it like it was a botch and they didn't see anything like a blind referee. Vince Russo would be proud.

If it means we just get the one-on-one Rousey/Becky match we should have had, I'm fine with all of it.  SUMMERSLAM BOOK IT!!!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think he could have pretty easily. Newark Airport is a 20 minute drive from MetLife Stadium. I wouldn't think Brock would have more than one bag with him to check.

On checking, it's a 5 hour/343 mile car trip from Metlife Stadium to Ontario. Which might be the quickest way to Canada when you consider that Brock lives in the hard to spell or reach Saskatchewan 

• Like 1