DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 35 POST SHOW DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Honestly, it's time to make Wrestlemania a two day wrestling event. They could have gone DBry-Kofi as one WM's clincher (the "Saturday" one in this case, because of the cachet of the Women main eventing WM, don't want any asterisk), and then the triple threat women's match on sunday. A pair of feel good wrestlemania moments.

Plus, you know, it allows them to get two record crowds? Pool all the money from the two days to give everyone a WM check. I mean, if you're already renting MetLife for one night, how much more does it cost for a second night?

Edited by SirFozzie
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

31 was a better show.

I'd go with that. WrestleMania XXXI hosted one of the best ever WrestleMania matches and main events in Lesnar vs. Reigns vs. Rollins. There was also the Intercontinental Championship Ladder match and Orton vs. Rollins.

Edited by The Natural

Just now, bink_winkleman said:

Crazy forgettable show, and I usually think I'm more positive than most folks, but yikes. 

I'd say about half the show was good. The other half was useless.

Did we really need to see Kurt Angle carted out in a heatless boring match no one liked to end his career? Triple H and Batista had an overly long borefest. 

Lashley vs. Balor didn't need to be on there. Miz vs. Shane McMahon is pointless. 

Rollins vs. Lesnar did what it needed to do I suppose. Bryan vs. Kofi probably had the best match of the night. 

We don't need two Battle Royals, and we don't need to make sure everyone gets booked on the card. The event would've been a lot better served if The Revival vs. Ryder and Hawkins actually got booked on the main card rather than Kickoff show.

4 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

Honestly, it's time to make Wrestlemania a two day wrestling event. They could have gone DBry-Kofi as one WM's clincher (the "Saturday" one in this case, because of the cachet of the Women main eventing WM, don't want any asterisk), and then the triple threat women's match on sunday. A pair of feel good wrestlemania moments.

Plus, you know, it allows them to get two record crowds? Pool all the money from the two days to give everyone a WM check. I mean, if you're already renting MetLife for one night, how much more does it cost for a second night?

Either this or cut out two hours. If you are so eager to book everyone on there. This is what has to happen.

I'm not sure how I made it, but I made it through most of that show. The only thing that shocked me was Brock going on first. But if you know how traffic can be on the Garden State or Turnpike...it makes perfect sense that he'd want to leave before halftime. I'm actually shocked that Seth won. It just seemed like a tradition that Brock would kill his opponent and retain the title.

There was so much of this show that could have been cut out to have ended it by 10:30. When 10:30 came around I was like "shit, there's three matches left". 

On the plus side. Kofi won. It was many years long over due. I hope he has a good run.

They're gonna say Ronda having her shoulder up negated the fall or something and Becky vs. Ronda tomorrow night. I can't see them putting it off for a month for the next show.

• Like 1

Watched the show with my girlfriend, she’s a New Day fan and we loved the Kofi/Bryan match. A great match that was laid out absolutely perfectly. The post match was great, Woods fighting off tears of joy when revealing the traditional title. Kofi celebrating with his family. The best kind of moment in wrestling.

Feel like the crowd was spent after that match, not that I blame them, but figured whatever energy they had left after a 7 hour show would have been spent on a Becky win to close the show. Until the actual finish. Ugh.

I mostly enjoyed the show. Just wish they could find a way to spread it over two days. The roster is large enough, it’s obviously just an issue of expenses and logistics.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

another random thought, are we seeing the end of the brand split? There's one woman's singles champion, one women's tag team champion, and I wonder if we could see the other titles merge 

The brand split was pretty much over the moment they stopped doing brand only PPV events. It's nothing more than a formality at this point. 

10 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

Honestly, it's time to make Wrestlemania a two day wrestling event.

I'm willing to bet this is more likely to happen in the future than cutting the show to 3-4 hours.  People should be moving that idea more because the annual "the show is too long" Mania complaints doesn't seem to be moving the needle with the WWE.

Edited by _MJ_
  • Like 1

Could be a pretty decent angle, if Ronda shows up tomorrow and says "WWE screwed me over. So screw them. I'll be back, on my own terms, and the next time, I'll have people to cover MY back."

(And then queue the RondaHorsewomen vs the NXT-graduate Horsewomen

• Like 2

Guest Edwin
4 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

If WWE can run NXT TakeOver, Hall of Fame, WrestleMania, Raw, Axxess, and Smackdown all in a few days, I don't see why they can't do two nights of WrestleMania.

With how ridiculous this company is and the amount of talent they currently have signed, they would just turn it into a 16 hour spectacle spread across 2 days.

Edited by Edwin

Just now, HumanChessgame said:

Correct me if I missed it, but Ziggler and Ambrose weren't in the battle royale or anywhere else on the show, were they?

Ambrose was rumored not to be booked at the show due to his contract expiring.

Dolph Ziggler says he's on a handshake deal with WWE, whatever that means.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin
1 minute ago, HumanChessgame said:

Correct me if I missed it, but Ziggler and Ambrose weren't in the battle royale or anywhere else on the show, were they?

Correct.

I guess we'll be seeing Ambrose at Joey Janela's Spring Break 4 on FITE TV next year.