DVDVR Message Board

NHL OFFSEASON (New season starts 10/2/19)

RIPPA

Literally every pro Guy Carbonneau post on Twitter is "3 stanley cups bro", so I guess Kevin Lowe, who was a better shooter than that scrub, had more Stanley Cups, but happened to play D, is now a hall of fame lock.

There are two standards, the NHL and "people that played for Toronto and Montreal".

• Like 1

Haha. I would say both belong. In Osgood's case, that career 2.09 GAA in the playoffs is very tough to ignore. 1998 might have been "yeah, but look at the team in front of him" but 2008 & 2009 weren't. Osgood was out of this world both of those years. 

Colorado Avalanche acquire forward Andre Burakovsky from the Washington Capitals for minor league forward Scott Kosmachuk and second- and third-round picks in the 2020 NHL Draft

Oh my God: Looks like the Isles are going to land Panarin. Between this and the Nets landing Durant and Irving I think we are officially in bizarro land.

15 hours ago, sabremike said:

Oh my God: Looks like the Isles are going to land Panarin. Between this and the Nets landing Durant and Irving I think we are officially in bizarro land.

Depending on which reporter you listen to - Panarin is actually signing with the Rangers

I will wait to post my cackling gif until it is official

This is the blurb from Hockey Trade Rumors

After the Columbus Blue Jackets, New York Islanders, Florida Panthers and Colorado Avalanche all made huge pitches to try and convince Artemi Panarin to join their squads, it ends up being the New York Rangers who will acquire his services moving forward. Several reports have surfaced including Darren Dreger of TSN that the free agent winger will sign with the team. Larry Brooks of the New York Post adds that the deal will pay Panarin around $11.6MM per season, less than he was offered by other teams.

Panarin, 27, was the consensus No. 1 in our Top 50 UFAs this season, and will immediately become the highest-paid winger in the entire NHL. His cap hit is expected to be higher than Patrick Kane’s $10.5MM from several years ago and well ahead of the recent market set by Nikita Kucherov and Mark Stone at $9.5MM. Part of that is the fact that he actually got to unrestricted free agency, but there is good reason to think he will be able to perform at a high level for quite some time.

I fucking loathe the Rangers but that is pretty funny. 

Over/under on when NYR fans are demanding Panarin is traded? End of the season? 

Edited by Oyaji

The big winner today has to be Jason Botterill because not only is he no longer the worst GM in the NHL, he's not even the worst GM in New York State.

The Montreal Canadiens have tendered an offer sheet to Carolina Hurricanes restricted free agent center Sebastian Aho worth five years and $42.27 million.

Aho has signed the offer sheet, so the Hurricanes will have one week to match the offer or let their 21-year old leading scorer slip away to Montreal. If they let him leave, Carolina would receive a first, second and third-round pick in the 2020 NHL draft.

It's the first offer sheet in the NHL since 2013, when the Calgary Flames unsuccessfully tendered an offer sheet to Colorado center Ryan O'Reilly.

---------------------------------

The contract tendered by the Canadiens is loaded with bonus money in an attempt to dissuade the Hurricanes from matching it. The offer sheet features $11.3 million in signing bonus money in the first year, and then $9.87 million in signing bonus money in the second year -- the idea being that the Hurricanes would bristle at having to ante up $21.17 million to Aho in the span of a year. It also carries trade protection in the latter years of the deal.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/27098511/habs-try-get-canes-aho-via-rare-offer-sheet

Habs fucked that offer sheet up royally, because they were afraid to give up two first round picks. Now, Carolina will wait to the deadline to match, which means Montreal cannot use that money to try and sign anyone. 

• Haha 1

Jimmy Vessy sucks and is total garbage (a 4th line player who needs to be given top 6 minutes to produce anything) so Bottamoron grabs him. Another season headed down the toilet because our GM is not competent enough to belong in the position and our owner is too dumb to fire him now and start looking for a replacement and will waste the season and fire him after another bottom 5 finish. 

NHL is probably glad they largely fly under the radar in the US because this story is so sleazy and dirty that I needed to take a bath in a tub of disinfectant after reading it. The people who run this league are pure carny scum.

• Sad 1

All his attorney has to do is show footage to the jury of this years playoffs that were contested under the same rules as the CZW Tournament of Death or Rollerball and the league is screwed.

• 2 weeks later...