DVDVR Message Board

NHL OFFSEASON (New season starts 10/2/19)

RIPPA

Ken Holland - one of the only Hockey Men so bad at his job that he managed to finish behind the Oilers in each of his last three seasons - is going to be the new Oilers GM.

It's extra funny because the club themselves were leaking a week ago that Holland was out. They wanted the whole world to know that. So let's add 2 and 2 on this one and say that Mark Hunter flat out turned them down.

Apparently they also want to bring in Dave Tippett, one of the only active hockey coaches in the world dedicated to being even more boring on the ice than Ken Hitchcock.

If it wasn't for McDavid I wouldn't watch this team for a single second.

Yeah, once the salary cap came into play, Holland was exposed as incompetent. He did a decent job of adding draft picks recently but mostly was terrible. Have fun Edmonton! 

Whenever I am depressed about what a hopeless sad sack organization that the Sabres are I watch this video to make me feel better:

2007 New York State Champions.

17 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Back to hockey ....

@Death From Above can you please let me know your thoughts on this hire? Most people I've heard from think he got a shitty deal in Edmonton, would be interested in your opinion.

• 5 weeks later...

The Blues parade might have been the least organized and best parade in sports history. Highlights!

- The plan was for the Blues players to stay on there floats to get to the big podium under the arch. Players say fuck that, leave there floats, and celebrate with the fans around the parade route.

-  Brayden Schenn starts a Champagne Shower for fans around the parade route

- Robert Thomas, age 19, just walking down the street surrounded by police drinking beer.

- Jordan Binnington, the stoic goaltender becomes the fucking center of attention and most charismatic member of the team. First, he joins a high school marching band in there performance by joining the color guard, then proceeds to take a Trombone and march with the band for a bit.

- After that, Binnington proceeds to borrow someones electric mini bike thing and drive down the road with it.

- While this is going down Tarasenko is walking down the side of the road letting all fans in the front row touch it. Which led to this photo

iJMYKLe.jpg

- With tons of other stuff going down during this, the parade which was only supposed to go 1 hour ended up going just about 3.

- Finally everyone gets to the stage and things go a little more textbook from there.... until Binnington gets on stage. Then this happens

- After that the bombs fly for a while, before Larry Robinson gets on stage. The conversation goes with this being his 10th ring, which finger would it be going to. This is his response

I love hockey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I can't wait until the pre-season when Binninton shows up blinged out with an entourage, Parayko informs us he's only going to use off-speed curving shots he calls "eliminators" Tarasenko has become a Buddhist monk, and O'Reilly has a knee injury sustained while filming The Marine 7 and they proceed to lose their first 14 games.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

How do you leave out Smashed Brett Hull trying to start a We Want Blues chant

Oh god, good question. And it wasn't "We Want Blues" it was "We Went Blues" because the Blues don't have to go anymore because they already went. That is not a joke. He then proceeded to try to sing Gloria as the cameras panned away and 2 people tried to get him of the live stage.

Also, Oskar Sunqvist kinda.... just went missing along the way. I personally believe he passed out from all the drinking.

Other things I forgot because so much shit went down.

- So Robert Thomas lives at the Tkachuk house in St. Louis. He's basically part of the family at that point... Which is how Brady Tkachuk participated in the Blues Stanley Cup parade wearing a backwards Robert Thomas jersey. Not often a franchise player for a different franchise shows up in a teams parade.

- Someone took a photo of Pat Maroon with belly out at a local bar from Thursday and made a cardboard cutout. Much fun was had, such as this

a3g329tt7l431.jpg

- Also, just Vladdy Tarasenko is the best dude ever

- And boy do we love O'Reilly

Edited by The Man Known as Dan
  • Like 1

If you haven't already seen it, "The Russian Five" documentary is available now on all the rental streaming services like Amazon. It's really good. A little too much Jeff Daniels but more than made up for with great Vladimir Konstantinov footage. 

Erik Karlsson stays with the Sharks - 8 years, $88 million

Well technically a little more than $88 million so that they could announce that he is the highest paid defenseman

We basically traded Trouba and Brendan Lemieux for Plonk and 20 games of Kevin Hayes (who Maurice threw on the fourth line and played 10 minutes a game in the playoffs)...

Edited by elizium

3 minutes ago, elizium said:

We basically traded Trouba and Brendan Lemieux for Plonk and 20 games of Kevin Hayes (who Maurice threw on the fourth line and played 10 minutes a game in the playoffs)...

I approve of these developments