DVDVR Message Board

NHL OFFSEASON (New season starts 10/2/19)

RIPPA

Reminder that the seasons starts in the Czech Republic with the Flyers and Blackhawks

Anyway - the Panthers fired Bob Boughner and supposedly want to hire Joel Quenneville

Two more teams in the East just blew miles ahead of us tonight. When Skinner walks on July 1st I hope that clown Bottamoron does the only honorable thing he can and resigns in disgrace. But then the idiot duo of Terry and Kim can go completely fuck up another hire.

5 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Devils win the lottery, rangers second.

Phil's pants stay on

I will say I am not convinced either of those 2 is wildly ahead of the other. This is very much a draft we're getting 2 feels like a big step up to 3.

and boy am I glad the Hawks didn't get top 2. Sucks they bumped up at all though.

On 4/10/2019 at 3:03 AM, El Dragon said:

I will say I am not convinced either of those 2 is wildly ahead of the other. This is very much a draft we're getting 2 feels like a big step up to 3.

and boy am I glad the Hawks didn't get top 2. Sucks they bumped up at all though.

Ironically enough - Deadspin just put out a story about how the Rangers have the easiest pick of the draft

https://deadspin.com/the-new-york-rangers-will-have-the-easiest-decision-of-1833951329

Sabres fans killing Eliott Friedman on Twitter because he's an idiot (announced his Calder votes and didn't include Dahlin, which is pretty much indefensible) is making me happy today.

2 hours ago, sabremike said:

Sabres fans killing Eliott Friedman on Twitter because he's an idiot (announced his Calder votes and didn't include Dahlin, which is pretty much indefensible) is making me happy today.

I was gonna comment that if it’s only 3 names on a ballot that is completely buyable, but 5? Yeah, that’s crazy.

On 4/11/2019 at 5:37 PM, El Dragon said:

I was gonna comment that if it’s only 3 names on a ballot that is completely buyable, but 5? Yeah, that’s crazy.

Dahlin finished 3rd in rookie scoring behind Petterson and Tkachuck. He finished a single point behind Brady. Both guys are forwards, Dahlin is a defenseman. Yeah, not having him at least top 3 would be ludicrous.

5 hours ago, sabremike said:

Dahlin finished 3rd in rookie scoring behind Petterson and Tkachuck. He finished a single point behind Brady. Both guys are forwards, Dahlin is a defenseman. Yeah, not having him at least top 3 would be ludicrous.

Well first off you have to note he’s not beating Pettersson, and generally speaking he’s probably not beating Binnington either. Those are gonna be 1-2 on most ballots.

Then it just becomes “Can you buy someone saying Taichung, Svechnikov, or Heiskanen was better then Dahlin this year”

I personally say no. But I don’t think it’s absurd to think some people could think so.

All 3 though...

On 4/24/2019 at 12:08 AM, BobbyWhioux said:

Death.

Taxes.

The Sharks getting shut out at home when facing elimination.

Just let me see them win one Stanley Cup, that's all I ask. The finals appearance was nice, but doesn't quite cut it.

I hate the fucking Golden Knights.

Hold off on that for now, except the part about hating VGK.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
The Sharks unlikely comeback.

• 2 weeks later...

I've gotta give George McPhee a lot of credit. He comes into Vegas, somehow* builds a miracle expansion team, then when other clubs come sniffing around to get his assistant GM, he just goes to President of Hockey Ops and promotes Kelly McCrimmon. So McPhee keeps his guy and walks away from GM with his stock at an all-time high.

Pretty well played.

(*That somehow absolutely involved league collusion but whatever, you take the handout when it comes)