DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2019 - The Quest for the Cup

odessasteps

If the Blues pull this off could anyone seriously argue against the Pegulas being the most sad, stupid and incompetent owners of at least the past 30 years? And Botts has to be the second worst executive in league history behind Ed Johnson (the only other executive who would have made a trade so awful it handed another team a cup. Ed retains the top spot because that trade literally killed a team and is the worst in the history of pro sports).

Keep in mind that I despise the Bruins when I say this: that no call on the trip was probably the single worst call I have EVER seen in an NHL game. 

18 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Keep in mind that I despise the Bruins when I say this: that no call on the trip was probably the single worst call I have EVER seen in an NHL game. 

As a fucking Blues fan that no call gets a "What the fuck are you doing refs?" from me.

Part of me also wants to say the Bruins stopped playing after the no call, so it's kinda sorta on them, but yeah, that has to be called, full stop.

• Like 1

Bah!

This is just that adversity that they're always talking about on NHL network. Everyone gets some. Hand pass overtime goals and whatnot.

Let's not forget who the real enemy is here, people.

THE CITY OF BELECHICK!!!!!!

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

That is an absolutely abysmal contract. 

If Jack gets hit by a train then yes. If he doesn't Jeff is going to score lots of goals being fed by Jack. One overlooked value of Skinner: he draws an insane amount of penalties (like Barzal did before the troglodytes who run the league decided to put the kid in his place and now he can get tomahawked and no call will be made).

Also the only other option was letting him walk and literally only having 2 NHL quality forwards on our entire roster. 

13 hours ago, sabremike said:

Also the only other option was letting him walk and literally only having 2 NHL quality forwards on our entire roster. 

As a Blues fan, I'm under a civil obligation to cheer every move made by Buffalo management from now until the Blues win a Stanley Cup, which we all know will never happen unless other team's owners, like, decide to start just giving us their best players for free or something.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/6/2019 at 7:58 PM, sabremike said:

I would be hard-pressed to think of one that's worse. 

I would love to have sitdown with the referee who looked right at it and made no call. Can't say he didn't see it. He saw it and somehow thought it wasn't a penalty. Should seriously get suspended for that with strong consideration for a demotion. It was that bad. 

And I hate the Bruins. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I would be hard-pressed to think of one that's worse. 

I would love to have sitdown with the referee who looked right at it and made no call. Can't say he didn't see it. He saw it and somehow thought it wasn't a penalty. Should seriously get suspended for that with strong consideration for a demotion. It was that bad. 

And I hate the Bruins. 

I of all people should've recognized right away this was only the second worst call ever #NoGoal.

9 minutes ago, elizium said:

Ryan O'Reilly "We knew we fucking had it."

If you had ROR as the first guy to swear into a live mic during a postgame interview, you win a prize.

Alex Pietrangelo's first words holding the cup were also pretty great:

"Fuckin' Eh, Boys! Fuckin Eh!  Fuckin' Eh!"