DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2019 - The Quest for the Cup

odessasteps

5 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

God that game was something. Full credit Ben Bishop. What a game from him.

If you guys win the cup will you vote Botteril and noted Buffalo media tub of shit Jon "Vortex Of Saddness" Vogl (who led the crusade to run ROR out of town) a full winner's share?

17 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Joe Thornton is a model senior citizen and a paragon of virtue and to dislike him is to dislike Hockey Itself

He's a scumbag that got suspended for a dirty hit about 10 games ago, and bitched and moaned about a 2 game suspension on a blatant head hit he committed that kept another player out for a fucking year.

"Joe Thornton Said That If He Scored 4 Goals In A Game He'd Have His Cock Out Stroking It"

Your argument is invalid. He's the fucking man and I will cry tears of joy should he win a cup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, piranesi said:

I do seem to vaguely remember the San Jose Sharks being a bunch of assholes. This memory is accurate and this judgment still up to date, no?

You're mistaken. This team is the salt of the earth.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

4 hours ago, El Dragon said:

Like, I don't even think the league is pulling a conspiracy. I just think the refs are the fucking worst things to ever exist right now.

THREE GAMES have had abysmal calls that lead to the Sharks either winning or getting a major advantage.

If there was a conspiracy, wouldn't it have been to get Bettman's shiny new toy in Las Vegas back to the finals? 

It's not the Sharks fault the refs have made some bad calls. Every team has bad calls go against them or non-calls that should be called. The referees can't help it that Vegas let up 4 goals while shorthanded in game 7. I'm a Sharks fan, so obviously I'm not going to be upset when a call or non-call goes their way,  just as any fan of any team wouldn't complain when it benefits their team.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

I understand missing calls at times. I don't understand guys who are watching the puck literally not seeing what happens with the puck. Or, more likely, saw it and just don't call it. 

That crew should be suspended. Just can't miss calls like that. 

My entire life whenever the Blues have been pretty good it's been a thing where they looked great when things were going well, but as soon as there was some trouble they fell apart. Apart from a few teams in the 80s, they were just never that tough. This is the first team that seems to get better when things get tough.  I know they gave up that tying goal in game 4...but if you look back at that whole period they played amazing defense protecting that lead until the icing debacle at the end.

Now, I have no hockey memories from before the early 80s even though I was born in 1971...but that also means that this is the first time in my lifetime they've gotten to the finals and probably the first team that really deserved it.

• Like 1

Just now, Tabe said:

Don't like the Blues - Norris Division rivalries die hard - but Brad Marchand is utter trash. Easy decision. Let's go Blues! 

I dont mind rooting for a Norris division rival that is not Chicago. 

Just now, odessasteps said:

I dont mind rooting for a Norris division rival that is not Chicago. 

That's pretty much me as well.