DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2019 - The Quest for the Cup

odessasteps

On 4/25/2019 at 4:07 PM, Tabe said:

The NHL has officially announced via apology that they blew the call in the Vegas/SJ game. The on-ice refs "felt" Eakin had hit Pavelski in the head. That makes them look even worse - they called a game-changing major based on feeling not eyesight. 

After the bullshit call tonight with the goal being waived off after Lee was pushed into Marazek (and having the balls to call a penalty on Lee on top of it) they need to be issuing another one tomorrow.

38 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Sportsnet's broadcast of Boston/Cole Lumbus has gone to a black screen for over 60 seconds three (EDIT: four) times so far. How many more years of this trash factory network are left on that deal?

2026-27. ?

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

Sportsnet's broadcast of Boston/Cole Lumbus has gone to a black screen for over 60 seconds three (EDIT: four) times so far. How many more years of this trash factory network are left on that deal?

Milbury is calling the game down here so I'm hoping the feed goes out and never comes back.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Well Esa Lindell is gonna have himself a reputation now.

Worse at overselling: Him or HBK vs Hogan?

Also this happened 22 years ago today, exactly 16 day after I first became a Sabres fan:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Worse at overselling: Him or HBK vs Hogan?

Also this happened 22 years ago today, exactly 16 day after I first became a Sabres fan:

Awww....As long as we're doing this, the 15th was the 37th anniversay of the first Blues game I ever went to. A deciding game 5 double OT win against Pittsburgh with Mike Liut in goal and the winner scored by Mike Crombeen:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

Awww....As long as we're doing this, the 15th was the 37th anniversay of the first Blues game I ever went to. A deciding game 5 double OT win against Pittsburgh with Mike Liut in goal and the winner scored by Mike Crombeen:

Awesome, would've liked that just for the Mike Liut reference! And Jiggs was calling the game as well.

• Like 1

For some reason or another, 10 year old me wrote a fan letter to Mike Liut. The only player I ever did that for. He was with Washington at the time and I was by no means a Caps fan. I think I just thought it was neat that he wore the all white mask.

Edited by elizium
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, elizium said:

For some reason or another, 10 year old me wrote a fan letter to Mike Liut. The only player I've ever did that for. He was with Washington at the time and I was by no means a Caps fan. I think I just thought it was neat that he wore the all white mask.

No one has ever looked more like they should be tending goal for the Charlestown Chiefs

220px-Mike_Liut_1981.JPG

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I picked Tampa to win the Cup then when they went out I settled on the Islanders.

During those periods those teams have gone a combined 0-7. 

With all due respect, please don't predict any Sharks game.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

Boston eliminates Columbus. Unbelievably gutless call by the refs as Charlie McAvoy jumps into a Columbus player with a shoulder to the jaw and gets just 2 minutes instead of the very obvious 5 he deserved. Guess they were terrified of having to apologize for calling a major like the end of the Vegas series. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Boston eliminates Columbus. Unbelievably gutless call by the refs as Charlie McAvoy jumps into a Columbus player with a shoulder to the jaw and gets just 2 minutes instead of the very obvious 5 he deserved. Guess they were terrified of having to apologize for calling a major like the end of the Vegas series. 

Nah, only Bettman's pet project gets an apology.

• Like 1

Reason 2,435 why Jason Botteril shouldn't be employed in hockey in any capacity except cleaning toilets in an arena: in the ROR disaster he didn't even ask for Thomas and demanded Tage the Magic Giraffe, a guy who probably wasn't even one of the Blues best 7-8 prospects and who competed with Vladimir Suckbotka (who was acquired in the same trade) for the title of worst player in the entire NHL this past season.

OH. Oh my enormous little trons. My beautiful tiny like 6 foot 4 little Trons.

I love you so.

Binnington is like "Game is ended. There is no reason to remain inside this structure. Why are people still here? Initiate shower protocol 7.2 b."

Edited by piranesi
  • Haha 1