DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2019 - The Quest for the Cup

odessasteps

HEY ASSHOLE SPACE ENERGY OCTOPUS PROGRAMMING THIS SHITTY SIMULATION THIS IS TOTALY WHAT I EANTED TO HAPPEN ANYWAYS SO IM WINNING AND I FEEL GREAT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I TOTALLY WANTED TRUP TO WIN AN BE PRESNDENT AND I WANT THE BLUES TO BLOW HARD CHIMP ASS FOREVER SO I MUST HAVE TEH GOD MODE CHEAT CODE ON CAUSE I LOVE THIS SHIT!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

kill me

Meanwhile I am busy pondering existential questions like "Who is a dumber more incompetent and embarrassing NHL owner: Terry Pegula or Rich Gordon?"

Hey there space simulation octopus. You may have sensed some sarcasm in my earlier post. But I just wanted to take a moment to let you know that I know running a complex simulation is a lot of work and you're doing a heck of a job.

Really, really good stuff, buddy.

Edited by piranesi
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, elizium said:

CAN U BELIEVE HOW GREAT JOSH BAILEY WAS IN THAT PENS SERIES! BLEED BLUE AND .... UH ORANGE (?) .... BABAY!

I want someone to record and release the Josh Bailey Song and have it reach the top of the Billboard charts. The B side needs to be a rousing rendition of "We All Dream of a Team of Josh Bailey's".

Edmonton has those cups though. I know it's forever ago in sports years but those other teams would love to be so cursed to have the greatest player of all time and that dynasty in their history books. ☹️

That's fine to people your age and mine (not that 30-somethings are old) but there is legit an entire generation of teenagers that remember seeing this team win literally 6 playoff games in forever and become an international punchline, which is staggering to think about. Like, even the 2006 near-miss was 13 years ago so it's not like 19 year olds have this super strong memory of it. The success of the Oilers is just some fable that they hear their parents and grandparents go on about.

The Cleveland Browns got good before the Oilers. This is my life now.

13 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

That's fine to people your age and mine (not that 30-somethings are old) but there is legit an entire generation of teenagers that remember seeing this team win literally 6 playoff games in forever and become an international punchline, which is staggering to think about. Like, even the 2006 near-miss was 13 years ago so it's not like 19 year olds have this super strong memory of it. The success of the Oilers is just some fable that they hear their parents and grandparents go on about.

The Cleveland Browns got good before the Oilers. This is my life now.

At least you have the Eskimos. The city of Buffalo has a team that lost 4 consecutive Super Bowls, went close to 20 years without a playoff appearance and their greatest player ever turned out to be a mass murderer. 

29 minutes ago, sabremike said:

At least you have the Eskimos. The city of Buffalo has a team that lost 4 consecutive Super Bowls, went close to 20 years without a playoff appearance and their greatest player ever turned out to be a mass murderer. 

Are you guys actually allowed to count that Tyrod Taylor game against the Jags as a real playoff appearance?  That seems...almost cruel in a weird way.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Are you guys actually allowed to count that Tyrod Taylor game against the Jags as a real playoff appearance?  That seems...almost cruel in a weird way.

It was actually better than the last playoff game the Bills had been involved in which was one of the most painful and soulcrushing moments in football history #ItWasAForwardPass

15 hours ago, elizium said:

It's fine. It's fine. It's fine.

Second half of the season was a dumpster fire, and they didn't bother to show up for an elimination game.

Fun fact: I drank more 23 ounce beers during the second period last night than the Jets had shots in said period.

The Hayes trade looks terrible now. Gave away a 4th liner and a first round draft pick for a guy who ended up being a 4th liner. I will spend the next two months hoping that Kulikov, Perrault and Little all demand to be traded.