DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2019 - The Quest for the Cup

odessasteps

Meant to mention this last game when they were talking about him, but it blows my mind that Alex Steen in 35 years old. He is still a "young" player in my mind. Must be a symptom of growing up watching his dad, but he will always be a kid to me.

26 minutes ago, elizium said:

Meant to mention this last game when they were talking about him, but it blows my mind that Alex Steen in 35 years old. He is still a "young" player in my mind. Must be a symptom of growing up watching his dad, but he will always be a kid to me.

He has been on the Blues 10 years ago, and might now end his career with his number retired. Not positive, but it is in the realm of possibility.

22 years later and it still hurts as much as the day it happened. I miss you my Whalers and would give ANYTHING to have you back #LLTW #BLEEDGREED 

Guest The Magnificent 7

Feel bad the kid got KO’d but ESPN has had multiple silly  headlines on this and its clear rhey want to make some sort of statement about this ‘teen’ getting duked up by Ovechkin. He wanted a scrap and got one. It happens. 

Meanwhile you won’t see a hockey headline about anything else anytime soon there. 

Edited by The Magnificent 7

19 minutes ago, The Magnificent 7 said:

Feel bad the kid got KO’d but ESPN has had multiple silly  headlines on this and its clear rhey want to make some sort of statement about this ‘teen’ getting duked up by Ovechkin. He wanted a scrap and got one. It happens. 

Meanwhile you won’t see a hockey headline about anything else anytime soon there. 

Which is a little odd since they have tape delays of every playoff game on ESPN+. 

There isn't a fanbase in all of hockey that deserves a moment like this more than Columbus. Their entire franchise history has been nothing but unending pain and misery, how can anyone not feel good for those fans? 

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Unless I misread the stat - TB is the first team to win the President's Trophy and then get swept in the first round

You read it right. 

Goddammit the Blues/Jets are on USA Network tonight, so not only to I get the excruciating pain of the Blues being outplayed for a fifth game in a row as they melt back into mediocrity, but in between that joy I get to watch FUCKING CRISSLEE COMMERCIALS while my brain melts into slug salt.

• Haha 2