DVDVR Message Board

NXT - APRIL 2019

RIPPA

Guest Edwin

I'll be at the NXT tapings tomorrow as usual.

A WWE representative emailed me some weeks ago with a survey and upon completing the survey they asked me if I was interested in participating in a special activity at the tapings. I got my initial invite on Monday with some details and today they sent me the confirmation email invite.

The invite I received was being part of an audio testing. I have to bring headphones and my smart phone to test out match commentary live through a stream while at the tapings. I have to be at Full Sail before 5:30 PM so I can get seated in a designated area they have for us. The initial email said we would have to take a survey after the tapings and they will give us some free merch for participating.

I hadn't posted about this before as I hadn't gotten my confirmation yet, but I did receive today and will indeed be there tomorrow. I will keep you all posted on how it goes.

4 hours ago, Edwin said:

I'll be at the NXT tapings tomorrow as usual.

A WWE representative emailed me some weeks ago with a survey and upon completing the survey they asked me if I was interested in participating in a special activity at the tapings. I got my initial invite on Monday with some details and today they sent me the confirmation email invite.

The invite I received was being part of an audio testing. I have to bring headphones and my smart phone to test out match commentary live through a stream while at the tapings. I have to be at Full Sail before 5:30 PM so I can get seated in a designated area they have for us. The initial email said we would have to take a survey after the tapings and they will give us some free merch for participating.

I hadn't posted about this before as I hadn't gotten my confirmation yet, but I did receive today and will indeed be there tomorrow. I will keep you all posted on how it goes.

So now I have to wonder... Are you pro or anti Mauro?

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

I don't particularly hate Mauro as much as most of you do on here as I just zone him out when I'm watching. However they have Pat McAfee doing commentary who I find exceedingly annoying. But I'm stoked for the opportunity, regardless. It was cool to get the invite to participate in this. I've read people mention they did not receive an invite. It seems like they did two ticket releases for these tapings and those that received the invite where the ones who purchased on the first go around.

Guest Edwin

Tapings...

Spoiler

They had us sit in a section across from the ramp. There was about 70 of us. They gave us a link to stream the commentary from. The commentary was exactly what you would get on TV. That was the only innovation. They gave us some free merch which was some NXT TV shirts and I gave them both to my wife. They let us choose what we wanted and she just got a Matt Riddle and Johnny TakeOver shirt.

Mauro was quoting Ben Franklin for some reason and also dropped a "Murphy has more flash than Adobe" line that made me cringe.

As for the tapings -- they were really good, but really long.

Best matches were Dream/Murphy, War Raiders/Street Profits, Riddle/Cole and KUSHIDA/Ohno with KUSHIDA/Ohno being my pick for MOTN. Ohno beat the heck out of KUSHIDA and ended up busting his nose. Its really fun seeing Ohno take up the welcoming comity role.

They continued to tease TUE breaking up with Strong and Cole blaming each other for their respective loses to Gargano and Riddle.

Kairi lost a title match to Shayna by DQ after Io interfered to save Kairi from ruthless Shayna attack on Kairi's arm with the stipulation it would be her last title match. Kairi bowed and gave us an indication it was her last NXT match and she's moving up to the main roster.

Also, for some reason they recorded a Ryker/Carrillo match twice with the exact same ending.

Edited by Edwin

6 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Tapings...

Hide contents

Also, for some reason they recorded a Ryker/Carrillo match twice with the exact same ending.

Spoiler

Lorcan & Burch used different chairs. The first time they were the souvenir soft chairs or something, the second time they were regular ones.

Guest Edwin
2 minutes ago, Casey said:
  Hide contents

Lorcan & Burch used different chairs. The first time they were the souvenir soft chairs or something, the second time they were regular ones.

Spoiler

That's what my wife said when they re-tapped it, but it just seemed very odd and unnecessary realistically and everyone was just kind of baffled by it. It led to a horrible 6 man tag btw.

Guest Edwin
Spoiler

Yeah, Dijakovic will be the next challenger for the NA title.

He was involved in two matches today -- one was a squash against some local wrestler which he won with a rolling big boot and the other was a more competitive extensive match against Mansoor. There was this crazy spot during the Mansoor match where he just tossed him over the top rope and everyone legit thought he got hurt. One of the craziest bumps I've ever seen in my life.

Dijakovic looked like a beast in both matches and has been getting better since the match with Keith Lee.

I like Mauro. He reminds me of Matt Striker who use to always find ways to insert these quirky references.

Mentioning Aliyah's NXT tenure being a mixed "designer bag", but Aliyah is a firm believer that "if at first you dont succeed, dust yourself off and try again" was gold imo. A reference to one of the late and legendary R&B artist Aliyah's (rip) hit songs.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Edwin

Folks from Cirque du Soleil are at the PC today. They are doing some flips and are being taught some basics. Its cool how open they at the PC at allowing random guests and indy vets to do some training.

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

Folks from Cirque du Soleil are at the PC today. They are doing some flips and are being taught some basics. Its cool how open they at the PC at allowing random guests and indy vets to do some training.

This isn't the first time Cirque du Soleil has been there.

I think part of the reason is the WWE is stealth recruiting some of their performers if they wanted a career change while allowing folks to learn tips to protect themselves better