DVDVR Message Board

NXT - APRIL 2019

RIPPA

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

6-foot-4, 250-pound Jonathan Young from Alabama. A former swimmer at the University of Alabama, Young broke the world record last February for the most pullups in a minute with a 100-pound pack on his back. He’s also a protégé of Lex Luger.

A 250-pound man with 100-pounds on his back shouldn't be able to break a pull-up record.  That's absurd.

At the most recent tryout Ivelisse and Lance Anoa'i was among the people.  Ivelisse's developmental history has to be up there at one of the more baffling ones.   Had a FCW/NXT contract for at least a year probably more and did really nothing with her.  Develops a good reputation in the indies and gets on Tough Enough with an early exit.  Becomes a big time star in Lucha Undergound.   Now is back for the 3rd time in a tryout. I don't know if the Performance Center has a 3 strikes rule but this has to be it

JJ pointed out on Twitter that Ivelisse actually beat Paige in the very first televised NXT match

Then 6 months later they were pretending Paige was undefeated

IIRC Ivelisse was one of the few names mixed up in Bill Demotts drama while he was head coach in FCW/NXT. I've always been under the impression that he was behind her not having the best time under contract.

Glad to see that she is back on their radar, but I feel like she'd get the Gail Kim treatment. A big star for another company that the WWE brings in and kinda pushes to the side.

Rhea Ripley got into a bit of trouble as during a live stream she had an offer to insult you for £15, and she called a fan a fucking faggot.  

She took responsibility, deleted the VOD and apologized.

Saw the Rhea bit a few days ago and I couldnt help but think she is a total idiot, apology or not. Pay her £15 and she'll call you a fa***t... did she refund the money too?

A lot of performers have been caught up in a similar situation, most notably John Cena, so I dont imagine there will be too much internal heat. It just goes to show why some people need to stay off social media. 

Guest Edwin

I have an extra ticket for tomorrow's Full Sail tapings. If anyone is interested in it, please let me know and I will gladly give it to you.

Edit: Gone.

Edited by Edwin