DVDVR Message Board

NXT - APRIL 2019

RIPPA

Guest Edwin

I thought that appearance last night was a one off, but it appears its a permanent move to RAW.

The War Raiders are scheduled to defend the titles against EU next Thursday at a live event in Orlando and there's tapings the following Wednesday after that... They could drop the titles on either day.

I will ban one person for every member of Undisputed Era that gets called up tonight. 

Grr. 

Also, more to the point, Takeover: SJ isn't for another 8 weeks, do they go tournament or multiman tag?   (UE/EU/SP/1-2 seem like the obvious choices, with maybe the addition of Riddle/Lee)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I will ban one person for every member of Undisputed Era that gets called up tonight. 

Grr. 

Also, more to the point, Takeover: SJ isn't for another 8 weeks, do they go tournament or multiman tag?   (UE/EU/SP/1-2 seem like the obvious choices, with maybe the addition of Riddle/Lee)

Dunno about Lee. I really wonder what's going on with him for there to be this much secrecy about why he's out. I hope it isn't one of those stupid WWE things where they want him to lose weight.

And maybe we form a support group to hope that no one from TUE gets called up. Curiously, on Instagram anyway, most stuff I've seen of TUE has been of the original 3 with Roddy not included. Roddy would be the only one I'd be comfortable getting a call up. I'm fine with TUE just being Cole, Creepy Kyle, and Fish.

I was thinking about it in the shower this morning so I of course got bored at work.

NXT Champions Called Up While Still Holding Title

NXT Championship

• Seth Rollins
  • Kevin Owens

NXT North American Title

• Johnny Gargano (1)

NXT Women's Title

• Paige
  • Sasha Banks
  • Asuka (2)

NXT Tag Titles (3)

• Wyatt Family
  • War Raiders

(1) I count Gargano because he lost his title directly due to being called up. I don't count Ciampa since he technically wasn't supposed to be called up till post-Takeover but they did it basically as a favor to him due to how bad he was hurt

(2) Asuka I count because in storyline - Regal was negotiation for her to join either RAW or SDL and that is why she vacated.

(3) Lucha Dragons are too goofy in terms of their status to count (Sin Cara dropping down, random appearances on Main Event, etc)

According to a cursory search, Big E actually won the NXT title after being called up, putting him a category with Gargano (assuming he’s actually being called up).

ETA: And Bo Dallas as well, if you count his initial Rumble debut and Wade Barrett feud as being his call up.

Edited by JonnyLaw

Just now, JonnyLaw said:

According to a cursory search, Big E actually won the NXT title after being called up, putting him a category with Gargano (assuming he’s actually being called up).

Big E is weird because technically he won the NXT title AFTER being called up (if you go by air dates)

RAW - Dec 17, 2012

Won NXT Title - Jan 9, 2013 (which is when WWE says his reign started since they always go by air date)

The taping was done on Dec 6, 2012 so even back then the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing

Guest Edwin

I'd be willing to pay double for NXT tickets if that will help WWE pony up the cash to the rights for Shane Strickland's Shaka Khan entrance theme:

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

I'd be willing to pay double for NXT tickets if that will help WWE pony up the cash to the rights for Shane Strickland's Shaka Khan entrance theme:

NXT ticket prices are more than reasonable, so I'd be ok with that.

Dream-Murphy was what kept me from taking an NXT break due to Gargano Fatigue, and it didn't disappoint.

I think Bourne and Aliyah are doing shockingly well with their push when you consider how unremarkable Aliyah has been for her whole run.

I’ll add to the love for Dream/Murphy. It’ll be interesting to see how Buddy fits on SDL. I thought he might work better as the biggest cruiserweight and having a power advantage but he hung just as well with Velveteen. Wish we could’ve seen Murphy feud with Rey Misterio as a way to establish him on the main roster, although they could run Murphy/Ali again too.

And what else can be said about Velveteen Dream? He’s always entertaining and works a style that’s sustainable. It’s a shame we have so little faith in main roster booking or I’d say we’re witnessing the beginning stages of a HoF level run. Unfortunately, it could go sideways so easily and it wouldn’t even be Dream’s fault.

Stoked for Shayna and Io to rip it up too.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

If you wanted to see Xia Li ugly cry for 3 minutes, boy do I have the video for you.

Still kind of surprised at how close the two are though it was nice to learn why in the vid.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Godfrey said:

It’s a shame we have so little faith in main roster booking or I’d say we’re witnessing the beginning stages of a HoF level run. Unfortunately, it could go sideways so easily and it wouldn’t even be Dream’s fault.

Dream's call up is going to be interesting, because it's impossible to predict what's going to happen. Vince could take one look at him and banish him to Main Event for the rest of his career. On the other hand, Elias just worked John Cena at Wrestlemania, and I doubt anyone saw that coming two years ago.

Edited by mattdangerously

4 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Dream's call up is going to be interesting, because it's impossible to predict what's going to happen. Vince could take one look at him and banish him to Main Event for the rest of his career. On the other hand, Elias just worked John Cena at Wrestlemania, and I doubt anyone saw that coming two years ago.

As high as I am on Dream’s use of “old school” basic moves, they definitely have the potential to get old quick once he gets to the main roster.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

As high as I am on Dream’s use of “old school” basic moves, they definitely have the potential to get old quick once he gets to the main roster.

Yeah, I like the idea of his moveset, but he's starting to lean too heavily on using other people's moves--the Buddy Murphy match being a good example. A couple of callbacks during a match is fine, but if it's all he's doing, then he's basically just sexy Eugene.

• Haha 2