DVDVR Message Board

NXT - APRIL 2019

RIPPA

23 hours ago, The Natural said:

"How is Slipknot still a thing?" was my original reaction to this.  After hearing it, my reaction was... "How is Slipknot still a thing?"  (Eh, I usually watch NXT while running anyway, so I'll power through the theme.)

Second, I'm really hoping they keep the current champs montage at the end of the theme song. 

Last, Johnny being featured prominently in this makes me wonder if indeed his call-up was cancelled.  

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Last, Johnny being featured prominently in this makes me wonder if indeed his call-up was cancelled.  

Wouldn't shock me. Felt like him and the others were called up early in the first place because of panic over ratings. Only Black seemed like he was on his way out.

• Like 1

Kairi is so the cutest darn thing ever

Side tangent - Meltzer said that both Kairi and Candice are on the list to be called up sooner rather than later

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Kairi is so the cutest darn thing ever

Side tangent - Meltzer said that both Kairi and Candice are on the list to be called up sooner rather than later

I'm kind of surprised Candice hasn't been brought up already, they've never had anything for her to do in NXT.  

The When World's Collide Special will air on Sunday at 8 pm

They announced the following three matches will air

Roderick Strong vs. Tyler Breeze

Undisputed Era (Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish) vs. Sanity (Alexander Wolfe and Killian Dain)

Luke Harper vs. Dominik Dijakovic

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

They love running fake Baltimore

I'm not sure why they love going there either to be honest.  I'm not complaining as I like going there.  But the last show or two didn't hold up as well as the first couple shows.  Will need to see who's going to be there but I would do Philly as that seems like a bigger show.  Plus who am I to turn down Philly cheesesteak?

My only guess for why they like fake Baltimore is because booking in Baltimore proper is a pain in the ass (it was for Evolve when I spoke with Trevin about it) As for why bother with Maryland at all I believe they just want an excuse to go to Jimmy's Seafood.

First guess is that it is so close to Philly that it is an easy place to run travel wise

But sadly - the Jimmy's Seafood is connection is probably a very real thing too

48 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

First guess is that it is so close to Philly that it is an easy place to run travel wise

But sadly - the Jimmy's Seafood is connection is probably a very real thing too

Normally I would defend Jimmy's since I love their stuff.  But we tried going there for Wrestlemania and they not only had all the tables reserved (no big deal) but also the bar seats.  So for that and other things have fun trashing them, we've been doing that the past couple days on our end.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

This disappoints me. I'm interested in Harper/Dijakovic, but I was hoping a couple of the women's matches (Io/Sonya, Candice/KLR) would make it.

Guest Edwin
1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

You forgot Aiden English vs. Kassius Ohno.

3 minutes ago, Edwin said:

You forgot Aiden English vs. Kassius Ohno.

I didn't forget - I took it from PWI. The WWE however has updated the schedule (this is from like 2 minutes ago)

And @Eivion - it is 4 shows. I just was talking about the first one (Supposedly Mia Yim helped call the women's matches)

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

I didn't forget - I took it from PWI. The WWE however has updated the schedule (this is from like 2 minutes ago)

And @Eivion - it is 4 shows. I just was talking about the first one (Supposedly Mia Yim helped call the women's matches)

Neat, didn't realizing they were showing everything over the course of the month.  

That women’s episode looks really, really good. I love Io and Sonya so I’m pretty excited for that one, didn’t even know some of those matches took place last weekend.

37 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Piper vs Zelina is going to be interesting just on the size difference

Could be very. very good or simply bloody awful. Color me highly intrigued. If it fails, it will fail spectacularly, I'm holding out high hopes for female version of Dunne/WALTER.