DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Knee to Face - 4/1/2019

Dolfan in NYC

10 minutes ago, Craig H said:

To slightly tweak an all time amazing line...

"Hey, this is the worst lookin' suit I ever saw! Bet if you buy a suit like this you get a free bowl of soup."

"Oh! Looks good on you though!"

Bravo, Bravo

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I found something about Becky I don't like in a lot of this. I wonder if she's worried about hurting someone because in all of these brawls, her stuff doesn't look all that wild and it looks pretty soft UNLESS she has a weapon. If she has a weapon then she really lays in her shots. Otherwise, it just doesn't look that effective.

Fair point. On  the upside, Charlotte was laying in her shots HARD even before the knee:

Also, that segment was brilliantly timed given the Last Week Tonight segment made the 'wrestling is awesome when its absurd' argument, so giving three of the top stars in the company an all-out crazy segment like that was excellent. Plus its the first time women have ever gotten one of those, so in its way it made history. I'm now dying for a courtroom segment/brawl with the three of them.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Well, after all that I sure am glad Becky and Charlotte are gonna a hug after the match at WM. 

The only reason they should be hugging after the match is so Becky can kick Charlotte in the vag.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Maybe Bayley and Sasha come out at the end and try to get Charlotte and Becky to bury the hatchet but neither of them are having it. Then Rhonda's pals hit the ring and beat down all of them leading to the two of them slowly learning to work together for the greater good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phantom Lord said:

Washington DC must have the most lax police department ever. WWE.com says all three have been released "on their own recognizance".

https://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/article/becky-lynch-ronda-rousey-charlotte-flair-released-from-custody?fbclid=IwAR3asCdy76sXyrvAsZGUSS3vwKMYXzGjIsg9vxX85ipACtXsmos69oUf4ZE

Honestly, they should have closed the show with that. There was no topping it.

As soon as I saw this and checked the clock, I was let down because I knew whatever was the closing segment on the 'Mania go-home Raw would pale in comparison. The wind was let out of the sails a bit with the Angle bit at the end, but then I just watched this chaos again and the excitement came back. I loved all of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HumanChessgame said:

Maybe Bayley and Sasha come out at the end and try to get Charlotte and Becky to bury the hatchet but neither of them are having it. Then Rhonda's pals hit the ring and beat down all of them leading to the two of them slowly learning to work together for the greater good.

Bayley giving an impromptu dissertation on Hugganomics is enough pretext for Becky and Charlotte to suddenly be friends again, I guess.

• Like 2

I'm just going to pretend everything else in between Becky's face to face with Ronda the night after the Rumble and the segment tonight never happened. The tedious twitter spats, the breaking of fourth walls. I'm making the decision to trim all that fat, because the segment tonight earned it. Way to re-heat your main event, don't let me down. 

Anyone catch EC3 arms folded, looking completely demoralized with the rest of the jobbers? Fucking hell. He looked destroyed.

Edited by Rick
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Rick said:

Anyone catch EC3 arms folded, looking completely demoralized with the rest of the jobbers? Fucking hell. He looked destroyed.

Yeah I saw that. He was just standing there like a statue thinking he should have stayed in TNA. Bobby Roode looked pretty damn demoralized after Gable lost the match. I thought for a minute he was gonna turn and beat him senseless but they went to a Daniel/Kofi video before anything would have happened.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You have to give Ronda props for her willingness to go all in.  If I'm just kinda moonlighting in pro wrestling to extend my celebrity, and I've already told the company I'm leaving (to lead a more normal life and start a family?), I'm not agreeing to take that knee from Charlotte or drive a police car handcuffed.  That brawl got nuts.

Lol, I've watched so little wrestling lately I didn't realize WM was this weekend until last night.  For some reason, I thought it was after Easter this year.  And I probably won't watch the show or go to anything live this year.  Nothing except the women's title match and Daniel Bryan-Kofi interest me and I can wait to catch them.

That knee.....

11 hours ago, Raziel said:

This is why the WWE is so frustrating.  After multiple weeks of fucking up the surest thing they had, hooked us back in with ONE segment.

I would've taken 4 weeks of THAT.

Heck, just do that right after the Royal Rumble.

Then give us the next three months watching Ronda, Becky, and Charlotte surviving inside of a women's prison. Ronda having to deal with hardcore inmates looking to make a name for themselves, Charlotte trying to get the info of what happened to her family, and Becky able to show just why she is "The Man."

...and naturally, because it's a segment in pro wrestling where wrestlers are locked up, also Scott Hall is there for some reason.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1