DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Knee to Face - 4/1/2019

Dolfan in NYC

This is why the WWE is so frustrating.  After multiple weeks of fucking up the surest thing they had, hooked us back in with ONE segment.

I would've taken 4 weeks of THAT.

• Like 4

Those were easily the funniest cops they've ever had on the show.

But what most people didn't grasp was how the whole thing was a reference to the old logic riddle:

"You have three insane monsters: A red-capped Irish screech owl, a long-necked rage peacock, and a literal re-animated garbage pile. The screech owl will peck the garbage pile to death, the rage peacock will make the screech owl cry, and the garbage pile will cause either of the other two to kill themselves rather than hear about "Dr. Peterson's gender truths." You have to get all three of them across town to the cages where they rightfully belong, but you only have two police cars and can only make one trip with each.  How do you get these things locked up without fucking up Wrestlemania?"

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

1 minute ago, piranesi said:

Those were easily the funniest cops they've ever had on the show.

But what most people didn't grasp was how the whole thing was a reference to the old logic riddle:

"You have three insane monsters: A red-capped Irish screech owl, a long-necked rage peacock, and a literal re-animated garbage pile. The screech owl will peck the garbage pile to death, the rage peacock will make the screech owl cry, and the garbage pile will cause either of the other two to kill themselves rather than hear about "Dr. Peterson's gender truths." You have to get all three of them across town to the cages where they rightfully belong, but you only have two police cars and can only make one trip with each.  How do you get these things locked up without fucking up Wrestlemania?"

I did like the bit where one of the cops lost his radio, and as one of the other cops was going to pick it up Becky Lynch kicked it away.

• Like 2

I missed a lot the backstage parts of the Charlotte/Becky/Ronda brawl, but that was fun.

Revival vs. Black/Ricochet was good once again though I hope this is the last match between them. I want Black and Ricochet separated post WM.

Edited by Eivion

Washington DC must have the most lax police department ever. WWE.com says all three have been released "on their own recognizance".

https://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/article/becky-lynch-ronda-rousey-charlotte-flair-released-from-custody?fbclid=IwAR3asCdy76sXyrvAsZGUSS3vwKMYXzGjIsg9vxX85ipACtXsmos69oUf4ZE

Honestly, they should have closed the show with that. There was no topping it.

I found something about Becky I don't like in a lot of this. I wonder if she's worried about hurting someone because in all of these brawls, her stuff doesn't look all that wild and it looks pretty soft UNLESS she has a weapon. If she has a weapon then she really lays in her shots. Otherwise, it just doesn't look that effective.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, piranesi said:

In 1972, a crack fashion unit was sent to K-Mart by an off-the-rack court for a liesure suit they didn't wear. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security Caldor into the basement of a vintage clothing and lunchbox Emporium.

One of my all time favorite lines in a PWI was someone calling Tully "the Kmart fashion plate." 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

One of my all time favorite lines in a PWI was someone calling Tully "the Kmart fashion plate." 

What do you expect when you spend all that money on blow?

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 5

To slightly tweak an all time amazing line...

"Hey, this is the worst lookin' suit I ever saw! Bet if you buy a suit like this you get a free bowl of soup."

"Oh! Looks good on you though!"

• Haha 7