DVDVR Message Board

2019 Q2 TV DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

6 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The guy who came second to James on Jeopardy tonight ended the game with $53,999. 

Absolutely wild. 

Highest non-winning total ever

• Thanks 1

On 4/27/2019 at 10:54 AM, RIPPA said:

Speaking of Timothy Olyphant - Netflix has cancelled Santa Clarita Diet

Timothy Olyphant - " I loved working on this show. I’m going to continue coming in and doing scenes. If they don’t want to film it, that’s up to them. "

• Like 1

Kendall is such a weak and ineffective fuck up that I have no doubt he will have the perfect plan in place to murder Logan and get away with it, only to do something completely dumb and wind up in prison.

And I will enjoy every minute and every "fuck off" of that journey.

On 4/29/2019 at 9:22 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I've said it before, but I'd be in on a season of Thick Of It set during Brexit. 

Theresa May a couple of days ago fired the minister of defense (well, "secretary of state for defense" is the offical title) for leaking details of a security council meeting to the press, sounds pretty much like the last season of The Thick Of It to me.

4 minutes ago, Robert s said:

Theresa May a couple of days ago fired the minister of defense (well, "secretary of state for defense" is the offical title) for leaking details of a security council meeting to the press, sounds pretty much like the last season of The Thick Of It to me.

I occasionally put on UK current events shows as background noise when I'm doing housework. Many a laugh has been had at the cabinet turnover during her tenure as PM. 

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

So, Billings is way too obscure for something like a commercial...

I would be strangely interested in a TV series about Billings though. It would be like Bosch, except, 100% more half-assed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Craig H said:

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

So, Billings is way too obscure for something like a commercial...

I would be strangely interested in a TV series about Billings though. It would be like Bosch, except, 100% more half-assed.

Looks like Billings will be a small part of an upcoming episode of S.W.A.T., which Shawn Ryan is an EP on.

In another Shield connection, Kenny Johnson (Lem) is also part of the cast. 

Finally, a trailer for The Righteous Gemstones.

From Danny McBride and a couple of his other collaborators on Eastbound & Down and Vice Principals. Starring McBride, Adam DeVine, and John Goodman. 

August.

If that's not enough, there's also this:

I think we just found this board's new favourite show. 

• Like 2

So this was interesting... While listening to The Watch podcast today, Andy Greenwald mentioned that a much beloved tv series is getting an additional season, but he couldn't say anything more because it was being kept under wraps at the moment. It sounded like this is something that just ended not too long ago or was ending this year, but it's going to get one last season.

Any idea what this could be. I tried searching for tv shows getting another season, but didn't find anything.

Probably Supernatural. Already went ten years beyond the planned ending, what's one more?

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

So this was interesting... While listening to The Watch podcast today, Andy Greenwald mentioned that a much beloved tv series is getting an additional season, but he couldn't say anything more because it was being kept under wraps at the moment. It sounded like this is something that just ended not too long ago or was ending this year, but it's going to get one last season.

Any idea what this could be. I tried searching for tv shows getting another season, but didn't find anything.

I'm choosing to believe this is about Santa Clarita Diet and nobody can tell me any different.

46 minutes ago, Casey said:

I'm choosing to believe this is about Santa Clarita Diet and nobody can tell me any different.

Not going to lie, that was my first thought, but that series is probably just beloved by us only.

I thought maybe Deadwood, like the Deadwood movie may have been enough to spawn another season, but Milch is done.

On 4/25/2019 at 2:47 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

Coming out on the last day of eligibility for the 2019 Primetime Emmys. That's clever cause it's going to be nominated for a shitload of the Miniseries/TV Film awards if not win most of them.

Depends. If the rest of Chernobyl is as good as the first installment, HBO might consider putting most of its weight behind that series in this category. 

14 hours ago, Craig H said:

Review with Forrest McNeil is the only acceptable answer.

On 5/6/2019 at 4:40 PM, Craig H said:

Any idea what this could be.

You know exactly what my answer is. And it probably isn't that, but who cares about anything that isn't?

EDIT: Image as hint for those that haven't paid attention 

Spoiler

Image result for the wire

Edited by Curt McGirt

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

You know exactly what my answer is. And it probably isn't that, but who cares about anything that isn't?

EDIT: Image as hint for those that haven't paid attention 

Hide contents

Image result for the wire

With everything going on with Baltimore's most recent mayor, a new season would be... interesting

James