DVDVR Message Board

2019 Q2 TV DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

7 minutes ago, J.H. said:

FreeForm is home to the show I have to pretend to like so The Wife and I can get QT after we get the baby down for the night (said show is Siren). She sufffers me watching Brooklyn 99, Dallas rerun on Freedive and NYPD Blue so her getting her weird, cheaply made Canadian mermaid show is a small caveat.

James

Pump those breaks, friendo! Just because the show is produced in BC, doesn't mean it isn't American television.

There's a lot of bad Canadian TV out there. Don't try putting any more on us than we deserve!  ? 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Haha 2

Apparently if you were on the West Wing - NBC is giving you a show this Fall

Perfect Harmony

Starring Bradley Whitford and Anna Camp and trying to fill a void left by Glee????

Bluff City Law

Jimmy Smits works in a Law Firm. History says this will probably do well.

Most of th main West Wing cast are doing quite well right now. Schiff isd on The Good Doctor, Janney on Mom, Rob Lowe on that medical show I can never remember the name of, Sheen on Grace & Frankie. Heck Whitford had a recurring role on Brooklyn 99 until this came along. I think the only one not in anything right now is Dule Hill and he is probably making royalties off of West Wing and Psych

James

2 minutes ago, J.H. said:

Most of th main West Wing cast are doing quite well right now. Schiff isd on The Good Doctor, Janney on Mom, Rob Lowe on that medical show I can never remember the name of, Sheen on Grace & Frankie. Heck Whitford had a recurring role on Brooklyn 99 until this came along. I think the only one not in anything right now is Dule Hill and he is probably making royalties off of West Wing and Psych

Hill apparently has been on Suits the last few seasons (if IMDB is to be believed)

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Mixed-Ish

The next show in the Black-ish, Grown-ish Universe

Casting directors are incredible.  How in the world did they manage to find a kid to play Rainbow's little brother / Daveed Diggs the Younger that looks almost exactly like a child version of Daveed Diggs?

Cloning has to be involved, I swear.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Hill apparently has been on Suits the last few seasons (if IMDB is to be believed)

I guess that leaves Malina and he was last seen on Scandal so he's doin' good (when he isn't hosting his West Wing recap podcast)

James

Finished season 3 of Sneaky Pete. This was a much better season and while you could see some stuff coming from a mile away, there were other things that were legit shocking:

Spoiler

Stuff like Lila actually being dead and it was Real Pete's mom impersonating her the entire time, Marius actually throwing almost all of the diamonds into the water, neither Lizzie or Ricky Jay's character being in on the con, the secret con to rob Kilbane of all of his wine, and the first inkling of a reveal that Otto knows that Marius isn't Pete.

It was a really good season of TV. Better than season 2. I liked the caper to end season 3 more than season 2 as well. It felt like the stakes were much higher and Marius was backed into more of a corner this time around.

Ricky Jay being added to the cast felt perfect, but I wish Lizzie would have been played by Joelle Carter (Ava Crowder) just to keep more of the Justified community theater vibe going. 

Like most shows I really like, I'm sure this one will wind up being cancelled too.

According to Deadline, Grey’s Anatomy and its spinoff series Station 19 are about to get a lot closer. The two series will converge next season — the 16th for Grey’s and third for Station — with plans to create a shared universe in which characters will move back and forth between both shows in what would essentially be two-hour episodes.

5 hours ago, J.H. said:

I think the only one not in anything right now is Dule Hill and he is probably making royalties off of West Wing and Psych

James

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Don't watch Suits, but he has been there for a while now for sure. Beyond that we are getting another Psych movie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

According to Deadline, Grey’s Anatomy and its spinoff series Station 19 are about to get a lot closer. The two series will converge next season — the 16th for Grey’s and third for Station — with plans to create a shared universe in which characters will move back and forth between both shows in what would essentially be two-hour episodes.

But if Station 19 is a spin-off, it's not really a shared universe crossover.  Station 19 is already a part of the Grey's Anatomy universe right?

If those characters showed up in HTGAWM, then it would be a ShondaLand shared universe crossover.

Yes, I think about these sort of things more than I should.  It's what I do.

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Vince's genius Wild Card Rule~! is already being ripped off! What a trailblazer!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

You know after I made that Fraiser, and Cheers merge joke, I was also going to joke that due to the cast being too huge that they’ll have to shake-up the cast of characters with a draft. But holy fuck, this mind joke is really going to happen. They’ll even have Wild Cards.

I watch none of the shows but I feel like this is already happening on whatever day it is that NBC runs three different shows based on Chicago jobs (like Chicago Fire, Chicago Hospital and Chicago Maybe Something About Cops)

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I watch none of the shows but I feel like this is already happening on whatever day it is that NBC runs three different shows based on Chicago jobs (like Chicago Fire, Chicago Hospital and Chicago Maybe Something About Cops)

You would be correct since my wifey watches Chicago Med, Chicago Fire, and Chicago PD and I know from painful real life that cross over events are ever present in these shows.

Edited by J.T.

I am always fast forwarding through the commercials when we are catching up on The Voice so I knew they existed

Just like that show all about the lady who sold out the US to save her daughter

Back in the day, didn't the NBC Monday night line-up specialize in big crossovers (i.e. T7I remember Third Watch crosssing over with its other Monday shows at least once a year and seemd like Third Watch was on forever)

James

CW is not renewing its streaming deal with Netflix

Shows already on Netflix will remain (like Riverdale, Supergirl, Flash, etc...). Unclear if new seasons will be add or not.

All future shows will be bidded on by all the streaming services so Netflix could still get some

Not sure why CW would possible split up their streaming like that but there ya go