DVDVR Message Board

2019 Q2 TV DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

It was one of those news items I missed. I remember NBC saying they wanted to bring back West Wing and 30 Rock (to which Sorkin and Fey were both like "We are far too busy now")

James

Edited by J.H.

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I don't know what this is about, but people have know about NYPD Blue for months.

Oh, nevermind then. Andy Greenwald said on the Watch podcast that a much beloved tv series is coming back for at least one season of tv, but he couldn't say what it was so it's all a big secret at the moment.

I find it half depressing and half hilarious that, with all these show revivals, Firefly isn't one of them, despite literally a decade and a half of people begging for it.

• Like 2

What are the best of these zombie shows? I hear good things about One Day At A Time. Twin Peaks gets my shout, but that was bananas in ways the original wasn’t.

Even things I like can stay dead. The rumour that Fraiser is coming back? No thanks. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

31 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

What are the best of these zombie shows? I hear good things about One Day At A Time. Twin Peaks gets my shout, but that was bananas in ways the original wasn’t.

Even things I like can stay dead. The rumour that Fraiser is coming back? No thanks. 

I think its probably Will and Grace.  Its just as good as it was the first time. 

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I find it half depressing and half hilarious that, with all these show revivals, Firefly isn't one of them, despite literally a decade and a half of people begging for it.

*pssssst*

Firefly staying dead is just fine.  It wasn't that good in the first place.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raziel said:

*pssssst*

Firefly staying dead is just fine.  It wasn't that good in the first place.

AlexaHowDareYou.gif

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Wait Twin Peaks is dead? I thought it isn't officially and Lynch pops up every couple of months to say Season 4 might happen. Showtime would definitely agree to it if Lynch wants to do it, whenever that is.

edit: wait I read that wrong. But, the only show revival I liked was Twin Peaks: The Return anyways.

Edited by brocklock

Okay - as of yesterday this was the list of stuff that is going away (a bunch were already known)

ABC

The Kids Are Alright (Season 1) 
The Fix (Season 1) 
For the People (Season 2) 
Speechless (Season 3) 
Splitting Up Together (Season 2)

CBS

Fam (Season 1) 
Happy Together (Season 1) 
Life in Pieces (Season 4) 
Murphy Brown (Season 1)

FOX

The Cool Kids (Season 1) 
The Gifted (Season 2) 
Lethal Weapon (Season 3) 
The Passage (Season 1) 
Proven Innocent (Season 1) 
Rel (Season 1) 
Star (Season 3)

NBC

I Feel Bad (Season 1)

Its weird, all this talk of a new NYPD Blue led to me re-watching the original from S1E1 and.. fuck that NYC straight doesn't exist anymore!
I didn't see one Duane Reade or Chase bank in a single camera shot

James

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, J.H. said:

The new One Day At A Time was damn fine TV, especially if you adore Rita Moreno the way I do

James

I feel like if that a person doesn't like Rita Moreno then I can't trust their opinion on anything else.

• Like 2

Only shows cancelled I was watching were the Passage and the Gifted. I stopped watching Lethal Weapon after they killed off Riggs. I'm good with the Gifted being gone. The show was solid, but they hit a nice stopping pointing even if they did leave things open for another season. Kind of sad to see the Passage ending since the story was interesting enough, but that probably just means I should read the books.

9 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

I feel like if that a person doesn't like Rita Moreno then I can't trust their opinion on anything else.

She even gives an Electric Comopany call out in one episode and I freaked out about it because it was so awesome!

James

Every week Barry has destroyed GoT while so many critics heap tons of praise on GoT.

Barry is by far the better series. It's having the better season. It might be the best show on TV.