DVDVR Message Board

2019 Q2 TV DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

3 hours ago, J.H. said:

But then where would Mark-Paul Gosseler get work?

James

Especially since TNT has stopped green lighting a new show every 2 years for him as well

3 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

HBO isn't done yet!

Big Little Lies: Season 2

June 9

HBO going heavy with the "Please don't cancel your subscription when GOT is over!" campaign.

So, here's the thing...

I loved that first season (still haven't read the book), but there's no reason to even have a second season. The way they've setup the second season is so ham fisted. There's zero reason any of these women should be in trouble because any sane or rational person would have said Perry was going to kill her, we tried pulling him off of her, and then he fell down the stairs.

And yet, we have to go through the rigamarole of the detective catching them in a lie. I'll still watch, but I would rather the season be more about how all of these people move on. There's more than enough interesting material there without any need for a murder mystery.

• Like 2

Are they really trying to bring NYPD Blue back?
I mean, why? That show was all about Sipowicz and they left him i nthe perfect spot for hiss tale of redemption

James

The Wu-Tang doc is the real shit. And it's four parts, not three. Some of this is gonna break you up, too. 

Apparently Showtime is also doing Shangri-La, a doc series about freakin' Rick Rubin, as well. The trailer was so completely random and bizarre that I had to look it up to understand what it was, even though I recognized his voice but couldn't picture who it was. 

It was the weirdest fucking trailer. I tried to find it to no avail. It had a zillion images flashing on the screen in seconds along with some quote. All I managed to catch (and I saw it twice) was Werner Herzog's face.

EDIT: ^^^ Go figure

Edited by Curt McGirt

18 minutes ago, J.H. said:

Are they really trying to bring NYPD Blue back?
I mean, why? That show was all about Sipowicz and they left him i nthe perfect spot for hiss tale of redemption

James

And Dennis Franz is retired anyway. Or as retired as an actor gets, I suppose. 

This thing is likely going to be off the air after the first batch of episodes. 

Man having read up on the NYPD Blue continuation, the plot revolves around Theo Sipowcz joining the 15th to solve Adndy's murder. No mention of Mark Paul Gosseler being involved but hey, maybe we can get ABC and David Caruso to bury the hatcher for the return of John Kelly in some capacity. Hell Capt. Fancy is still alive, it is totally believable that he might've made it to Commissioner or Chief of Detectives. This just is just me dream booking guest stars at this point

James

3 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

And Dennis Franz is retired anyway. Or as retired as an actor gets, I suppose. 

This thing is likely going to be off the air after the first batch of episodes. 

Yeah haven't seen Franz in anything since Blue ended (the video for "Good-Bye Earl" not withstanding).
Maybe NBC needs to jump on the Bochco revival bandwagon and bring back Hill street Blues

James

7 minutes ago, J.H. said:

Yeah haven't seen Franz in anything since Blue ended (the video for "Good-Bye Earl" not withstanding).
Maybe NBC needs to jump on the Bochco revival bandwagon and bring back Bay City Blues

James

FTFY ?