DVDVR Message Board

2019 Q2 TV DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

7 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Since I'm not up on current events, what's the deal? 

The mayor was accused of peddling influence to companies that purchased large amounts of his self-published children's books. She resigned last week.

36 minutes ago, EVA said:

Chernobyl was really good, but, man, who knew so many English and Irish guys worked there?

You think that's bad?

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

37 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The mayor was accused of peddling influence to companies that purchased large amounts of his self-published children's books. She resigned last week.

You think that's bad?

I think I actually did see something about that mayor buried in the paper somewhere. 

And The Death of Stalin is another one of those movies that you wonder "how did they get away with that". Still banned in Russia! 

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Watched that earlier today. So is this not a 1:1 representation of the comic book?

It’s apparently a sequel to the graphic novel. 

Don Johnson creepily saying that “Tick tock” line at the end got me interested. I’m getting Wicker Man vibes from this with the whole town looking like they are all in on this Rorschach doomsday cult. Other people have compared what they’ve seen here to The Leftovers, which makes want to give that show a chance.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Oh lord What We Do In The Shadows just killed me with the cast lineup of the Vampiric Council. 

Spoiler

Tilda Swinton? Danny Trejo? PEE WEE HERMAN? WESLEY FUCKING SNIPES ON SKYPE~!

Kristen Schall, after I identified her, was the cherry on top.

EDIT: Yo hold up one of them was 

Spoiler

BIG DAVE

I SWEAR.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Oh lord What We Do In The Shadows just killed me with the cast lineup of the Vampiric Council. 

Reveal hidden contents

Tilda Swinton? Danny Trejo? PEE WEE HERMAN? WESLEY FUCKING SNIPES ON SKYPE~!

Kristen Schall, after I identified her, was the cherry on top.

Did you just no sell 

BIG FUCKING DAVE

?

GET THE FUCK OFF THIS BOARD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I love that (and this is some next-level ridiculousness) The Death of Stalin was actually on TV when I got home after work, and then this comes on. Between these two and the Four Lions footage I might want to hand in my Young Ones DVD set and apply for a British passport on reasons of humor-sensibility. 

EDIT: And yes I knew the show is New Zealand based. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN DAMMIT. I WAS JACK THE RIPPER!

Edited by Curt McGirt

I thought it was hilarious and awesome that nearly all of the members of the Vampire Council had played vampires in some other work..

Spoiler

Wesley Snipes - Blade

Tilda Swinton - Only Lovers Left Alive

Paul Rubens - Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Danny Trejo - From Dusk Til Dawn

Evan Rachel Wood - True Blood

TMK, Big Dave has never played a vampire in anything he's done.

Kristen Schall had a part in a vampire movie (Cirque du Freak - The Vampire's Assistant), but IIIC her character, Gertha Teeth, was not a vampire.

That was some badass, thoughtful, quality casting with tongue planted firmly in the cheek.

They even brought in cast members from the movie to fill seats for the Council.

Spoiler

I marked for Taika Waititi!

Oh, and 

Spoiler

BIG DAVE~!  FUCK YEAH~!

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Every ep of this show tends to have at least two absolutely killer jokes, and this time they were

Spoiler

them burying the Baron "between my two favorite vaginas, my wife's and my mother's", and Danny piping up with "Put the laptop closer to the router, bro!"

I fell out.

The HBO Miniseries adaptation of I Know This Much Is True has suffered a major setback as a fire destroyed the majority of the set was destroyed in a fire.   It was a car dealership in Poughkeepsie, so a bunch of vintage cars were also destroyed in the fire.

The producers are calling it a "total loss." They plan to suspend production, but pick it back up soon. It stars Mark Ruffalo (playing twin brothers), Melissa Leo, and Rosie O'Donnell.  

The fire is under investigation. 

58 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The HBO Miniseries adaptation of I Know This Much Is True has suffered a major setback as a fire destroyed the majority of the set was destroyed in a fire.   It was a car dealership in Poughkeepsie, so a bunch of vintage cars were also destroyed in the fire.

The producers are calling it a "total loss." They plan to suspend production, but pick it back up soon. It stars Mark Ruffalo (playing twin brothers), Melissa Leo, and Rosie O'Donnell.  

The fire is under investigation. 

Oh my god. One of the few books to bring me to tears. Had no idea this was going to be a miniseries.

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

... a fire destroyed the majority of the set was destroyed in a fire...

Mostly they come at night, mostly.

Next time, I'll be deadly serious next time.

And that's why I kicked your leg out from under your leg.

I'm sorry.

• Haha 3

WWhat We Do In The shadows is killing me so far every episode!
Yet  another"I heard about it on the Driver" expalnation to The Wife. When you stay at home to take care of the baby  you need shit to watch so   I'br been binging Bosch and WWDITS

James