DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING GIFS

22 hours ago, The Natural said:

T2DXalC.gif

Still the best Iron Man match.

This match was a great pace, high drama and features the best ever heel vs the best ever face (arguably) so I'd be inclined to agree

I always rated Triple H v Rock as the best but in hindsight I don't think one hour iron man matches particularly work well. Brock v Angle was okay but I've not watched that since it was televised, Triple H v Benoit was dull.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, nate said:

Sweet jesus, if ECW ever had an HR dept ....

When I searching for the Rick Rude GIFS i posted yesterday, I came across those that Nice Guy Eddie posted. Never seen 'em before...Bloody hell.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

This match was a great pace, high drama and features the best ever heel vs the best ever face (arguably) so I'd be inclined to agree

I always rated Triple H v Rock as the best but in hindsight I don't think one hour iron man matches particularly work well. Brock v Angle was okay but I've not watched that since it was televised, Triple H v Benoit was dull.

You nailed all those reasons for Steamboat vs. Rude at Beach Blast 1992. The selling and story told such as Rude's early injury but a flash strike and Rude Awakening puts him two up. I think this was the first Iron Man when a wrestler gets DQ'd deliberately to inflict more damage and get the fall back.

Triple H vs. The Rock was really good. Liked Hart vs. Michaels but no intentions of revisiting it. Angle vs. Lesnar sucked with time wasting and move spam. Triple H vs. Benoit was dull as you note.