DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING GIFS

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

Is that from their 07 title match? I loved that match.

Pretty sure. Thing is, I don't think that actually ended the match. I could be wrong though, haven't seen it in some years. If not then I'm thinking of the freakin' light tube moonsault off the scaffold...

Guest Edwin

That title match that Miyamoto lost was the one that solidified him as a future top Big Japan star. Great match, btw.

21 hours ago, Eivion said:

Is that from their 07 title match? I loved that match.

You’re thinking of the construction site death match from Korakuen Hall.

The one in the gif is from the 09 scaffold match at the Kobe World show. Miyamoto does go out on top for that match. 07’ match was better. Better chemistry, and better Korakuen Hall crowd. 

I remember the day after the match happened people posting cell phone footage of the match from inside Korakuen Hall. Which was the first time I got a sense of the real crowd atmosphere there in that building. Also some of the hottest crowds I’d seen out of Japan during a very low energy 00’s.

• Like 2

Was wondering if it might have been the rematch. Its been a while, but I want to say it was good but not on the 07 match's level. That hot crowd was one of the reasons the 07 match was so special. It was my MOTY for Japan (possibly overall) in 07.

36 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Yes

5 minutes ago, Bustronaut said:

Normally they were much creepier, normally

Huh, never realized since I started watching after she and Dustin were done as an item.