DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING PHOTOS

6 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

When I was a kid I loved Taker during this period. But in retrospect he was terrible as a character, and a promo. He had some great moments, but you can tell they lost the mystique when they humanized him, and had him fueding with normal dudes who were cooler than his lame ass goth phase. 

It's all about the original western mortician.

Image result for western mortician undertaker

Related image

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I certainly am not a Vince/Bucky Beaver apologist.

Of all the odd things to remember from junior high, I had a friend who teased a girl (he obviously had a crush on her and went through the time-honored tradition of teasing her) about her teeth and meant to call her Bucky Beaver but instead called her BUNKY Beaver and would not admit he was wrong. Since this was pre-smartphone we couldn't prove him wrong until that night and everyone except me had forgotten it by then. I have no idea why this memory stands out but it does.

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

005_sTAKER_03001997_0031--3f8e292b686929

The sleeveless coat lasted but the hat with it didn't. This photo was taken after the Undertaker regained the WWF Championship from Sycho Sid at WrestleMania 13.

Gallery: https://www.wwe.com/gallery/rare-and-unseen-wwe-champion-studio-shots-photos

Does that belt look tiny to anyone else or am I just seeing things?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

When wouldn't they be, She gets a paid Vacation without being hurt, she deserves it, while Harper is being forced to work 6 more months when he presumably wants out.

I agree but is Harper really going to work or is he going to sit out the remainder like Gallows and Anderson?  Crazy how many people want out,  speaks volumes

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I agree but is Harper really going to work or is he going to sit out the remainder like Gallows and Anderson?  Crazy how many people want out,  speaks volumes

Its not crazy at all. WWE has a huge roster and can only use them all so effectively even at the best of times, let alone now when Vince seems at his craziest. Many of them might like the money, but they also want to actually do shit and see how far they can go. Even if things were going generally well for talent i could see a decent amount still wanting to leave.

19 hours ago, Ziggy said:

When wouldn't they be, She gets a paid Vacation without being hurt, she deserves it, while Harper is being forced to work 6 more months when he presumably wants out.

Yeah but her dude can't let WCW go, according to that caption....

(Bad joke, I know)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Yeah but her dude can't let WCW go, according to that caption....

(Bad joke, I know)

Honestly I wonder if WCW nostalgia is one part of the issue that has fueled the hostility of the wrestlers who are frustrated with management. Probably not, but goddamn it, what if...

• Haha 1