DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING PHOTOS

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Given the two posts you left up, I shudder to imagine what this was. 

Please, those are mild compared to what I could come up with. The one I decided against involved flexi-straws. I'll just leave it at that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Billie Kay's pre-WWE look is better than her currrent look.

It is and it isn't. Whilst she was pretty much more attractive as "Everyone's Favourite Girlfriend" Jessie McKay, the first rule of Wrestling is Do something to differentiate yourself. And on that basis, her Iconic WWE look is arguably more valuable than the cute brunette #4/ Girl next door of your wildest dreams concept.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AxB said:

It is and it isn't. Whilst she was pretty much more attractive as "Everyone's Favourite Girlfriend" Jessie McKay, the first rule of Wrestling is Do something to differentiate yourself. And on that basis, her Iconic WWE look is arguably more valuable than the cute brunette #4/ Girl next door of your wildest dreams concept.

I agree... But if you’re a McMahon/Dunn apologist, you’d agree that looking like a sixteen year olds wet dream would be the best look to make you a star.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I assume in this second post Jericho is comforting Woods about the decimation of the draft's decimation of UUDD.

33 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'm a little out of the loop on who this person is, but I really like her Jersey. I don't get to watch much women's wrestling outside of WWE, and the two episodes of WOW I've seen. 

Bea Preistly. She is Will Ospreay's girlfriend. She has had multiple tours in Stardom and will be working AEW at some point.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I agree... But if you’re a McMahon/Dunn apologist, you’d agree that looking like a sixteen year olds wet dream would be the best look to make you a star.

Vince makes up his mind who goes in what spot, and he really doesn't like to (be seen to) change his mind. If he already has his hot Blonde and his hot Brunette spots occupied, trying to vie for them is futile. Better to do something different (although Peyton Royce is pursuing the conventionally attractive blueprint at the moment, so the team is divided on the issue, assuming they've discussed it).

32 minutes ago, The Natural said:

005_sTAKER_03001997_0031--3f8e292b686929

The sleeveless coat lasted but the hat with it didn't. This photo was taken after the Undertaker regained the WWF Championship from Sycho Sid at WrestleMania 13.

Gallery: https://www.wwe.com/gallery/rare-and-unseen-wwe-champion-studio-shots-photos

When I was a kid I loved Taker during this period. But in retrospect he was terrible as a character, and a promo. He had some great moments, but you can tell they lost the mystique when they humanized him, and had him fueding with normal dudes who were cooler than his lame ass goth phase. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

For the first time in his DVDVR board posting history, D.Z. has actually identified who is in the picture he posted. Break out the champagne, Lads.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

005_sTAKER_03001997_0031--3f8e292b686929

The sleeveless coat lasted but the hat with it didn't. This photo was taken after the Undertaker regained the WWF Championship from Sycho Sid at WrestleMania 13.

Gallery: https://www.wwe.com/gallery/rare-and-unseen-wwe-champion-studio-shots-photos

I fucking hated this look so much.

I don't know how rare some of those images were though, I could have sworn I had a poster of the Hulk Hogan one back when that was an acceptable thing for non-racist children to do.

I wish I still had my Big Boss Man one.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I certainly am not a Vince/Bucky Beaver apologist.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie