DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING PHOTOS

5 hours ago, Morganti said:

Check your tv to see if it has a rca input

I've tried numerous times before to connect my PS2 to my HDTV, the console was on but no picture. Something's gone right today as it's finally worked! Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain and Smackdown vs. RAW 2006 awaits.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

She was not.

I spent most of this evening trying to figure out how a 19 year old even knew who Rikishi was. 

I’m old.

Could be Youtube. My 8 year old son is now obsessed and spends a bunch of time watching Youtube clips and learns about the Attitude era and wrestling history that way. The only problem is he's a bit of a know-it-all so I have to fill in the gaps when comes to tell me something he thinks he knows and that I don't ? 

Still my favorite wrestling game. I have an acquaintance who has one. I remembering winning the Royal Rumble with Demolition Smash. It would have been better if the game came out a few years earlier when Ax was still around.

Image result for wwf wrestlefest arcade

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 12

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Still my favorite wrestling game. I have an acquaintance who has one. I remembering winning the Royal Rumble with Demolition Smash. It would have been better if the game came out a few years earlier when Ax was still around.

I do truly love Wrestlefest, but it isn't even my favorite arcade wrestler. That honor belongs to Konami's "The Main Event". Although I suspect its placement on my all-time list stems from the fact that it came out first, plus the Main Event machine in my neighborhood was in a laundromat next to the best taqueria in the neighborhood, so chances were high I was eating hella fat plus fucking fools up with El Condor & The Maui Mauler.

Main_Event_Arcade.png

• Like 4

23 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Hennig looks like he knows he's being ribbed, but he also knows he deserves it for all the ribs he played in his career, so all he can do is grin and think to himself, "Well played."

I think I read somewhere that Hennig loved being in the faction, and the character he played in the Rednecks was the closest he got to his real-life personality in any promotion 

• Like 2

On 4/19/2019 at 5:12 AM, The Natural said:

Love that game. Need to find out how to connect a PS2 to a HD Ready TV.

I’ve been uhming and ahhing about getting a PS2 and this game on the cheap for a while just to run Brock v Goldberg hoss battles constantly. They were beasts in that game 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

I’ve been uhming and ahhing about getting a PS2 and this game on the cheap for a while just to run Brock v Goldberg hoss battles constantly. They were beasts in that game 

I hope you do, pal. I put a lot of time into that and Smackdown vs. RAW 2006. Something loading my Smackdown vs. RAW 2006 game save seeing the CAWS I made of real wrestlers: Kenta Kobashi, Mitsuharu Misawa, Bryan Danielson, Samoa Joe and AJ Styles. Surreal seeing the last three knowing what's happened them.  Had a good day yesterday playing them followed by a Keema Saagh curry for tea. 

3 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Really were. Likewise Legend Undertaker from 1994-1996.

I think 2006 was my favourite, last one I played too. Likewise I had so many awesome caws from back in the day that you painstakingly had to make. Oh to have the time to do that and run a fed these days lol, I vaguely remember my Taz caw dominating until Kobashi came and beat him. What a ludicrous match that would be in real life lol 

Edited by CreativeControl
  • Like 1