DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING PHOTOS

11 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Loved the La Vela Nitros (including the last ever!). 

My favorite Nitro setup was the Summer 96 ones outdoors at Disney. Now this may be because one of the hottest angles in history was just kicking off, but I loved the ambience. One of the best runs of a weekly wrestling show IMO.

I’m surprised there has never been a wrestling show at one of the Wide World of Sports gyms/complexes yet.

That would be a cool aesthetic for AEW. This shotgun Saturday night/street fighter 2 kinda feel with exotic locales for cards. Couldn’t do it all the time, but would be a good way to change it up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, just drew said:

That would be a cool aesthetic for AEW. This shotgun Saturday night/street fighter 2 kinda feel with exotic locales for cards. Couldn’t do it all the time, but would be a good way to change it up.

Amen. Wrestling needs to go back to different arenas / formats. When you could turn on the TV and know the difference between MSG, the Boston Garden, Omni or Sportatorium in Dallas.
I'm tired of every arena looking the same.

Edited by The Great ML
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, olythegreat89 said:

I miss the Spring Break set for Nitro. The Jericho Cruise kinda reminded me of this but I hope AEW actually tries to replicate something like this at least for one event. Probably not financially smart, but it looks good on TV and if they're trying to be the alternative, this is a way of doing that.

I'm hoping that Janela's Spring Break features a pool

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

We'll see. I just don't like it happening.

I can respect that. Plus it shows how this whole "WWE books it's stories a year in advance" bullshit that Stephanie talked about recently is just that: bullshit. You had a chance to have Sarah Logan win the Women's Battle Royale at Mania and build a little hype, but instead she gets duped by Carmella AND THEN you break up her little trio? FFS, give her the win, draft her to Smackdown, and send her there with some damn hype behind her.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Sugar said:

I can respect that. Plus it shows how this whole "WWE books it's stories a year in advance" bullshit that Stephanie talked about recently is just that: bullshit. You had a chance to have Sarah Logan win the Women's Battle Royale at Mania and build a little hype, but instead she gets duped by Carmella AND THEN you break up her little trio? FFS, give her the win, draft her to Smackdown, and send her there with some damn hype behind her.

Hey now, its not bullshit at all that they book things far in advance. Its just that they get changed 7-10 times before the end of the day, and then the same for the next day, and the next, and the next. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Edwin
3 hours ago, olythegreat89 said:

Since Joey Janela is in AEW, maybe they can sponsor next years Spring Break event and go all out! 

I hope not.