DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING PHOTOS

Guest Edwin

Dick Togo is the best.

Is he still doing his retirement tour? I remember he began that tour back in 2009 I believe it was and he stopped getting booked in DDT and began touring South America... 10 years later and he's still around.

6 hours ago, Edwin said:

Dick Togo is the best.

Is he still doing his retirement tour? I remember he began that tour back in 2009 I believe it was and he stopped getting booked in DDT and began touring South America... 10 years later and he's still around.

He retired. He just ended coming back as many wrestlers do. How often does the first retirement really take?

That instgram post of Togo's has left me hungry. 

10 hours ago, Edwin said:

Dick Togo is the best.

I met a co-worker many years ago and we became friends after I heard him talking about Raw and Nitro.  I showed him some Kaientai stuff and it blew his mind.  He went around calling himself Dick Togo, did his pose everywhere we went and even tried to do the Senton bomb into our work dumpster in order to crush boxes (It didn’t go well: he hit his head on the side of the dumpster!).   I still think Togo is a huge whiff on WWE’s part.  With his wrestling and charisma, he could have easily been WWE’s version of Tajiri before they signed Tajiri.  

• Like 1

jnpf8qb91dj01.jpg

I miss the Spring Break set for Nitro. The Jericho Cruise kinda reminded me of this but I hope AEW actually tries to replicate something like this at least for one event. Probably not financially smart, but it looks good on TV and if they're trying to be the alternative, this is a way of doing that.

• Like 2

The location where they had the Double or Nothing press conference in February was right outside the actual building they're running in, right? If they book a Falls Count Anywhere match on the show, probably a decent chance they're going into the pool at some point.

• Like 2