DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

True, but that gives them extra publicity WWE doesn't necessary want to give them.

But on the opposite side: If you hold them off TV, they remain valid and when they finally come back, it's a huge deal and you have this big star at their peak.

Use them as jobbers until their contract expires, and they lose a lot of their heat and fizz before they go out, and are much less of a deal when they make their indy return.

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

Except he didn't. Instead of actually talking to WWE first, he chose to make a post about wanting to leave. It doesn't matter if he was nice in said post. He told the world he was unhappy and wanted out before his actual employers. Not saying at all WWE is right to keep him (they aren't), but he didn't handle things the right way either.

I thought people here said that Luke did go speak with management.  If he didn't speak with them then fair enough.  

Wouldn't surprise me if Dean ends up in AEW. Wealth of knowledge, he worked for The Show for a long time he knows how live televsion is supppose to run backstage an he's Jericho's agent.

11 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Seeing all those names and then...Jinder fucking Mahal...leaves such a bad taste in my mouth.

Mine too. Jinder Mahal, a fucking terrible WWE Champion.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

As did I. I thought he went directly from the ring to being an agent.

He went straight to working for them - not as an "agent" the entire time however

But yes he has been there since 2001

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - I wanna tell this little story about who clearly are the two most hated people by WWE right now

So I play that stupid WWE Champions mobile game (if you watch the programming you probably have seen a commercial)

Well the just announced they were adding Authors of Pain to the game. Okay fine - the reason I am telling this story is for how they are getting added

They are replacing two people who are no longer with the WWE. Like they will get the same moves, bonuses, etc. as the old people. Basically just switching names and graphics. This is the first time they are ever doing that.

There are plenty of other people no longer with the fed who might not be the most favorite people of the fed (Stardust, Big Cass, Neville) but they remain just fine.

The two people getting replaced because no one was allowed to ever have them again: Enzo and Alberto del Rio

Please send gif of Razar doing that stupid Enzo dance

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Related to Lashley - in the WON Meltzer notes that there is heat on Lio Rush for.... well being Lio Rush

Meaning he is extremely confident in his abilities and let’s everyone know (and how he basically should be in a top program)

Looks like it was only a matter of time before this happened.  FWIW he definitely recognizes why that would be an issue on but Lillian Garcia's podcast he went into detail about why he's like that.  It might not excuse whatever he may have said/done (who knows that exactly that is) but I understand why he's like that.

30 minutes ago, nate said:

Is it just a rumor based on a pic/selfie, or was Lio really dating Topanga for a moment?

I thought the deal was she saw him at PWG, dug his shit, bought his merch and they became friendly. Isn't he married with kids? She's married to the dude that runs Gallery1988, who was also at one time a writer on RAW.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

As far as weak excuses for investors, injuries are killing our engagement metrics is pretty amusing. 

That pissed me off to no end when I heard that. Talk about insulting.

Steve Austin, arguably the biggest star in WWF history, had to get surgery in 2000, and did it "hurt engagement metrics?"

No! Rock, HHH, Foley, Jericho, Angle, the Radicalz, and a myriad of others stepped up, and the product was better for it, because they weren't afraid to build stars, lest they become "bigger than the brand."

I love these calls so much for what they offer in terms of a peek into what the hell the rationale in Stamford is sometimes. This one was no different. 

But really, I have no clue whether Wall Street buys that crap. I'd like to think most people would be savvier than that, but then again, my lack of knowledge there is why someone else handles my investments

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

But really, I have no clue whether Wall Street buys that crap. I'd like to think most people would be savvier than that, but then again, my lack of knowledge there is why someone else handles my investments

I know nothing but the stock dropping $20 bucks since the earnings report sure seems like Wall Street doesn't... at least for the moment

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I love these calls so much for what they offer in terms of a peek into what the hell the rationale in Stamford is sometimes. This one was no different. 

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming they don't really buy the line they're selling.

Really, which injuries hurt engagement? They had Roman back for half the quarter. Ciampa? Sami Zayn? A few weeks without Mustafa Ali? It's just silly, silly spin and I'm sure they know it.

If their engagement metrics are down, I'd suggest a bit more soul searching. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

That pissed me off to no end when I heard that. Talk about insulting.

Steve Austin, arguably the biggest star in WWF history, had to get surgery in 2000, and did it "hurt engagement metrics?"

No! Rock, HHH, Foley, Jericho, Angle, the Radicalz, and a myriad of others stepped up, and the product was better for it, because they weren't afraid to build stars, lest they become "bigger than the brand."

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I know nothing but the stock dropping $20 bucks since the earnings report sure seems like Wall Street doesn't... at least for the moment

At first I was going to say, "well it's a bunch of stuffed suits wanking with other stuffed suits using Bullshit Bingo terms like 'engagement metrics.'  It's a circle jerk and every one of them absolutely believes their bullshit and eats it up eagerly with a spoon."

But then I saw Rippa's post and a tiny bit of faith was restored.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

At first I was going to say, "well it's a bunch of stuffed suits wanking with other stuffed suits using Bullshit Bingo terms like 'engagement metrics.'  It's a circle jerk and every one of them absolutely believes their bullshit and eats it up eagerly with a spoon."

But then I saw Rippa's post and a tiny bit of faith was restored.

Don't let your faith soar too high based on the drop. Bullshit Bingo and surface-level thinking works both ways. Overreactions to unexpected earning news are nothing to get excited about. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I hated this guy but the two categories he mentioned make me feel like we could be best friends

Also totally coming to my WWE2K universe mode: The James Holzhauser White Boy Challenge

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3