DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Calling it now and it's not like this is much of a stretch, but I'm willing to bet Page beats Pac and then Moxley fucking annihilates Page post-match.

I love the idea. I think that might be the best way for him to debut, if he does.

• Like 2

As for Lio, I'd be curious to know who it is that tried to make him do these errands. By and large, this group of wrestlers seem to be pretty well-adjusted. Granted, they're wrestlers, so we have to account for some level of crazy. But most come across as pretty cool. Be interesting to know who tried it.

Then again, a lot of them swooped down on Lio with the Emma debacle until William Regal told them to STFU. So maybe I'm giving the masses too much credit.

I will never for the life of me understand watching a promo of his and a promo of Rollins’ and thinking Rollins is the guy to build the show around. I hope Moxley lights the world on fire, just to stick it up everyone’s ass how undervalued he was...

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, just drew said:

I will never for the life of me understand watching a promo of his and a promo of Rollins’ and thinking Rollins is the guy to build the show around. I hope Moxley lights the world on fire, just to stick it up everyone’s ass how undervalued he was...

Funny you say that because the first thing I thought of after watching the Moxley video was Rick Vaughn telling Lou Brown that the next time he pitches against him he's going to stick it up his fuckin' ass.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

Because Seth Rollins is the better (WWE style) wrestler, and Jon Moxley is the better talker? Not that hard of a concept to grasp.

That might be true, but during the boom periods, were the top guys the best workers, or the guys who could talk em into the building? I don’t think it’s a coincidence that there’s less interest in their product than ever while the least interesting personalities are holding some of their top spots. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, just drew said:

That might be true, but during the boom periods, were the top guys the best workers, or the guys who could talk em into the building? I don’t think it’s a coincidence that there’s less interest in their product than ever while the least interesting personalities are holding some of their top spots. 

You mean you’re not pumped for Styles and Rollins to set the world on fire with a perfectly competent main event DREAM MATCH?! 

6 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

You mean you’re not pumped for Styles and Rollins to set the world on fire with a perfectly competent main event DREAM MATCH?! 

Lol. The sad thing is I’d watch Styles do just about anything. But Seth Rollins is contraception for my wrestling viewing habits. Even Roman has an interesting story now, and his delivery on promos is engaging, even if the material given to him is mashed ass. Seth Rollins can’t make bad material good, and can’t elevate any program he’s in with his work or promos. Yet he’s the crowned one. I don’t understand it.

I wouldn't call Styles vs. Rollins a dream match as WWE is pushing it, but I have little doubt it won't be one of the top two matches on the card, along with Becky vs. Charlotte. A good chunk of the participants in the MITB matches are leaving me feeling very underwhelmed.

6 minutes ago, Casey said:

You're right. Just give me another boring, paint by numbers Roman Reigns main event match and pump that shit directly into my veins.

Just because Seth throws in more dives and the occasional superplex/Falcon-arrow combo, doesn't mean they're not following the same numbers. WWE style, after all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The last time AJ Styles was involved in a so-called WWE Dream Match it was against Nakamura and it was about the furthest fucking thing from a "dream match."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The last time AJ Styles was involved in a so-called WWE Dream Match it was against Nakamura and it was about the furthest fucking thing from a "dream match."

That was a bad day for me. I was so excited for that, and then the match just shit frisbees. Ugh. So disappointing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, just drew said:

That was a bad day for me. I was so excited for that, and then the match just shit frisbees. Ugh. So disappointing. 

Not laughing at your bad day, but at the phrase "shit frisbees".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Stuff like this makes me hate WWE, Vince, and most of that whole management regime. They're fucked up. It's 2019 and they should be past this whole bullshit of humiliating wrestlers backstage and on screen and expecting them to be a servant like it's still the 70s, 80s, or even 90s. Good on Lio for not falling for it.

This seems to be more a wrestlers'/locker room issue, and it happens in more than just WWE. Also seeing that Enzo and Cass were hated by the locker room for various reasons and still pushed it seems like management doesn't really give a shit about these issues as much as the wrestlers themselves.

Edited by Eivion

It is the wrestlers eco system and there is not a ton management can do about it. They were not exactly crazy about the little creep in the first place, after he felt confident enough to mock a main roster member getting released his first week in. I would like to think the shit he did on the indies would have earned him a spot on the shit list. But that is probably wishful thinking. 

Its been said more than once, the locker room hating you is a kiss of death. No matter how much the office likes you. You notice Enzo and Cass are long gone. If they were liked, they probably could have gotten more leeway. 

Edited by Victator

8 minutes ago, Victator said:

Its been said more than once, the locker room hating you is a kiss of death. No matter how much the office likes you. You notice Enzo and Cass are long gone. If they were liked, they probably could have gotten more leeway. 

Probably not. The reasons they are gone is because they eventually did piss off management.