DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

9 minutes ago, Boydy said:

The wrestlers that want to get fired should just go off script if they are still on TV or just invade the ring or something lol.

Luke Harper should go into the WWE Hall of Fame, steal Andre The Giant’s singlet, and eat a jelly donut while wearing it.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Boydy said:

The wrestlers that want to get fired should just go off script if they are still on TV or just invade the ring or something lol.

Pull a Gail Kim and eliminate yourself from a battle royal.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Who are we thinking the people that intentionally failed drug tests are? Randy Orton? CM Punk?

If this was from over a decade ago, all you have to really do is look from when the policy was put into place all the way up until maybe 2011/2012. I think Booker T was definitely one of those guys, though.

16 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

If no one's getting over in five-minute matches, Who's getting over in these 15-20 minute matches they have on TV every week? After all , they must be sooooooooooo good because they're LONG! Long like all the matches in New Japan or the indies, so that must mean they're as good as those matches! Who cares if they have no storyline or really are the same match every week just wasting time for the sake of wasting it, they're LONG, so that must mean every match instantly makes you a main eventer!

Seriously. there's a point in time that it's better to have two 7 minute matches and get four teams over than one 15 minute match for no reason that gets two teams over.

Well in order to build a story it should have at least something more to it than guys do a couple moves and then someone gets pinned?  You can do squash matches,  I imagine a good team vs. another good team should be more than 5 minutes because they are good and there should be some sort of back and forth?  

Not all long matches are good but there are some stories you cannot tell in 5 minutes. 

6 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Damn, that 8% number is sad.

I was going to include something about how Lio's treatment is still better than having to wash someone's balls but that's getting into whataboutism. 

I used to subscribe to the point of view that, "it's wrestling, you can't treat it like normal corporate America."  At some point, I realized that's just a dodge that allows us to justify all manner of awful shit.  And, if you're on the stock exchange, congrats, you are now corporate America.  If I was hired at a new company and they told me I had to arrive early and stay late to set up refreshments for more senior members because I needed to learn to respect them and the company, they'd probably find out just how disrespectful I could be. 

WWE is not nearly as evil as most corporations on wall street. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That is Bryan Cranston, right? I did not know that he was on Seinfeld (though as Seinfeld was not on German TV in the 90ies, or at least not in a spot where I would watch it, I have only seen a handfull of Seinfeld episodes).

14 minutes ago, Robert s said:

That is Bryan Cranston, right? I did not know that he was on Seinfeld (though as Seinfeld was not on German TV in the 90ies, or at least not in a spot where I would watch it, I have only seen a handfull of Seinfeld episodes).

It is Bryan Cranston.

31 minutes ago, Victator said:

I'm skeptical someone really tried to fail a drug test. Also would they not need to fail three drug tests?

I could easily see it happening since wrestlers are just as stupid as regular folks.

But to answer your questions - you would need to fail three times. And each failure is gonna get you a suspension which in turn will just tack on more time to the contract.

Oh and the suspensions would be with out pay so you would lose money

So again - yes I could see a wrestler being that stupid

21 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm with Lio on this. 

Yeah, I am too. But what do the young lions in New Japan think about this is the real question!

I don't like that Lio brought up being a young black male. I'm pretty sure that "non equality" happens to everyone young, new or low on the totem pole in the WWE, regardless of skin color. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I don't like that Lio brought up being a young black male. I'm pretty sure that "non equality" happens to everyone young, new or low on the totem pole in the WWE, regardless of skin color. 

A good way to get people on your side (and also alienate others)  is to play the "I ain't no [male relative] " card. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rick said:

Someone needs to push the envelope even further.

Harper should show up to Raw next week with a crackpipe. 

If I wanted out, I'd be on the phone with TJ Perkins to find out what he did.

Fuck you carry your own damn bags. I wouldn't let somebody carry my bags let alone carry somebody else's begs. Let Rush go, let him sign with All Elite and become a star. His height is always gonna keep him at a certain level in the WWE.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Casey said:

I just posted about it in the General MMA thread, but Brock Lesnar isn't going back to UFC so his return to WWE is probably imminent.

That's good news.

29 minutes ago, Casey said:

I just posted about it in the General MMA thread, but Brock Lesnar isn't going back to UFC so his return to WWE is probably imminent.

Looks like we know who Rollins is dropping the red belt to.

11 hours ago, Technico Support said:

This type of belittling, old time fraternity bullshit is dumb as fuck and has no place in a (I'll say it again, publicly-traded) company in 2019.  You want a private area with food set up for "the boys?"  Hire somebody to do it.

Your saying come on WWE be the bigger person just this once and I think they are going to let you down on this one but i’m with you. ?

• Like 2