DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

WWE has carried their on air presentation as if they've had no real competition for the past 18 years and now with AEW and also the fact that FOX outright once a more serious brand in SDLIVE and even gone so far to get people switched after the Shakeup. I think WWE needs pressure right now but it'll be interesting to see how they try to do things to avoid losing ratings

2 hours ago, OctopusCinema said:

I may be drunk but

1. is Semus the modern Big Boss Man?

2. I can't think of a second one

3. HOT TAKES

Hmmmmmmmm... Did Boss Man have a reputation for hurting people? I apologize if I’m misremembering. I remember Boss Man being a great worker who’s offense looked like it hurt(but was safe), and made sure his opponents offense looked like it hurt worse.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Hmmmmmmmm... Did Boss Man have a reputation for hurting people? I apologize if I’m misremembering. I remember Boss Man being a great worker who’s offense looked like it hurt(but was safe), and his opponents offense looked like it hurt worse.

According to Austin, Bubba was known to give a potato or two. 

8 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

According to Austin, Bubba was known to give a potato or two. 

Potatoes are Irish. Sheamus is from Ireland. Has anyone ever seen Sheamus and the Big Boss Man in the same room at the same time?

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Swiftian said:

Has Boss Man ever done this? No. I rest my case.

DX3tsl.gif

I'd like to think the Boss Man would have done worse to Enzo, like drop the ball & chain on his stomach or sodomize him with the nightstick. 

On a side note, looking back at the Boss Man/Nailz feud, I'm sure Nailz was inferring the Boss Man was sodomizing him with the nightstick.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zartan said:

Did Sheamus ever drive a car dragging a casket with Big Show’s dad in it? 

Fixed. Sorry @Zartan, I have this OCD over the two terms being used interchangeably when they're not the same. It's the funeral director in me.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 2

It kinda saddens me that it'll probably take his retirement for people to look back on Sheamus's WWE career and go "Hey, he was there for 10 years and was pretty much great for his entire run". Even having great random 2014 C-show matches against Titus or Curtis Axel, because he knew exactly how much to give them. He'll go down as a massively underrated guy.

• Like 5

I'm almost positive the "Sheamus injures people" stuff is just @LoneWolf&Subs pulling stuff entirely out of his ass, like when he said Corbin was Undertaker's buddy for no reason.

Sheamus is a fantastic worker. No one would call him average if he worked PWG or threw a flip or two in each of his matches.

Bossman's "Enzo Moment," though? When he ripped Droz's nose ring out mid-match.

• Like 1