DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

1 hour ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

The best baseball/wrestling combination will always be former Brewer Todd Coffey sprinting to the mound from the bullpen with the Ultimate Warrior’s theme playing in the background. 

https://youtu.be/nHi_hOWH8pY

The only acceptable "bullpen car" should be entering on a chopper to Rollin'. 

• Like 1

Again, breaking my personal rule to not link to anything on Reddit, but my god, I looked at this and laughed my ass off.

So...Ryback did an AMA. It went about as well as you can imagine. For starters, I don't think Ryback understood you have to reply to someone's question with your answer. He would just add new comments to the thread that were an answer to something, but reading them out of context is hilarious. And if he did actually reply to a question, it was nonsense.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/bgl8od/the_big_guy_ryback_ama/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pretty sure the only title switch I’ve seen in person is Mero going over Faarooq in the IC-Title tourney. That same set of TV tapings was the TV debut of fake Razor/Diesel, I believe. Way better than any title switch! Ha!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AxB said:

Kenny Powers on Eastbound and Down coming out to Real American. In Mexico.

Retired MLB catcher JP Arencibia used Real American as his walk-up song.

Houston Astros outfielder Josh Reddick is a big WWE fan and has used several themes. This article is from 2017.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1352096

10 hours ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

The best baseball/wrestling combination will always be former Brewer Todd Coffey sprinting to the mound from the bullpen with the Ultimate Warrior’s theme playing in the background. 

https://youtu.be/nHi_hOWH8pY

As long as he wasn't completely gassed by the time he got to the mound........?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

People crap on Warrior's mic work- but inthink he was a friggin genius. His verbal sparring with Hogan leading up to Wrestlemania was stellar. 

It's a very fine line between insane and genius.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

People crap on Warrior's mic work- but inthink he was a friggin genius. His verbal sparring with Hogan leading up to Wrestlemania was stellar. 

I think Jericho said it best "You don't know what he says, but you want to." Warrior had a lot of charisma and good delivery. His promos sound like the ravings of the maniac and that was the character.

Him and Sting ran some parallel paths as promos. Sting had this great energy and crazy promos, then he was taught the "right" way and was never the same as a promo. The same thing happened to Warrior, but worse. The more Warrior improved, the more charisma he lost. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ace said:

Are you implying that the hero of children THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR was familiar with COCAINE?

...I'mma need my fainting couch.

You say cocaine, I say

DUST FROM THE SPACE COSMOS BROUGHT BY THE FOUNDERS AND ELDERS TO LET THE WARRIORS RISE AND STOKE THEIR FLAMES FOR ALL ETERNITYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! SNOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRT

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

I've seen both the WWF and NWA (Crockett) titles change hands.  I was at the Bash when Sting beat Flair in 1990 and at Survivor Series 1995 when Bret beat Diesel.  I also saw the WCW title switch, sort of, at the 91 Bash when Luger beat Windham for the vacant title at that awful, awful show.

Heel vs heel, I think I saw Flair defend against Koloff at a Bunkhouse Stampede tour stop.  Pretty good.

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

Brilliant.

I want to like this.  I really do.  But I had an ex that often said, "Are you joking me?" so this brings up all sortsa PTSD.