DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

20 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Looks like I’m going to be in Mexico City Sunday. Where do I go to see some high quality Lucha Libre? I don’t really care what promotion. I just wanna show up and see some masked dudes do a bunch of flips.

CMLL (SUN) 04/28/2019 Arena México
1) Arkalis & Halcón Suriano Jr. vs Akuma & Espanto Jr.
2) Magia Blanca, Magnus, Stigma vs Cancerbero, Raziel, Sangre Azteca
3) Sagrado vs Tiger [lightning]
4) Blue Panther Jr., Esfinge, Kráneo vs Dark Magic, Kawato San, Olímpico
5) Flyer, Stuka Jr., Titán vs Hechicero, Mephisto, Templario
6) Atlantis, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Cavernario, La Bestia Del Ring, Rush

from luchablog

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

Oh awesome!! That was a huge moment. Glad you could have been a part of it especially given your history with Punk and Cabana.

I really wish they didn't have a falling out. Does stuff like that affect you at all given your previous proximity to them?

Yes, it bums me out. We used to call them Uncle Pepsi and Uncle Coke when our girl was a baby. It seems like they had a great friendship, too. Those become more precious as you get older, both inside and outside the wrestling business.

• Sad 2

22 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

What are the best face vs face and heel vs heel matches of all time in a major North American promotion?

Face/face:

Road Warriors vs. Steiners (Starrcade ‘89), Hart vs. Piper (WM8), Hart vs. 123 Kid (Raw)

The only heel/heel matches that come to mind are Savage/Roberts from SNME and I vaguely remember really liking a Vader/Austin match on Raw. 

Oh quick follow up from last week

Reportedly the plan right now is that Backlash will now take place June 23 in Tacoma, Washington

The original Backlash date in San Diego is now just a house show

16 hours ago, Shane said:

Face/face:

Road Warriors vs. Steiners (Starrcade ‘89), Hart vs. Piper (WM8), Hart vs. 123 Kid (Raw)

The only heel/heel matches that come to mind are Savage/Roberts from SNME and I vaguely remember really liking a Vader/Austin match on Raw. 

The Orton vs Edge match from the week after the 50+ Minute Shawn/Cena match on RAW was really good, and it was heel/heel.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chaos said:

The Orton vs Edge match from the week after the 50+ Minute Shawn/Cena match on RAW was really good, and it was heel/heel.

Somebody mentioned it. Hell of a fortnight for WWE matches:

The 50 minute  Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena match on RAW, way better than the match they had at WrestleMania 23. The go home show for Backlash 2007.

The Undertaker vs. Batista Last Man Standing and Cena vs. Michaels vs. Edge vs. Orton from Backlash.

Edge vs. Randy Orton on the post Backlash RAW.

The Undertaker vs. Batista in the Steel Cage and Edge cashing in his MITB contract on the Undertaker on the post Backlash Smackdown.

Edited by The Natural

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh quick follow up from last week

Reportedly the plan right now is that Backlash will now take place June 23 in Tacoma, Washington

The original Backlash date in San Diego is now just a house show

Still nothing on Takeover huh?

2 minutes ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

The best baseball/wrestling combination will always be former Brewer Todd Coffey sprinting to the mound from the bullpen with the Ultimate Warrior’s theme playing in the background. 

https://youtu.be/nHi_hOWH8pY

The last comment is the best one. "He's loading the rocketship with the space fuel."

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The last comment is the best one. "He's loading the rocketship with the space fuel."

Spot on impression by Christian:

Fun one liner by Edge at the end as well.

Edited by The Natural
  • Haha 2

I am a dumb dumb who can't read. NM.

Well, to be productive and I will say I watched the Kylie Rae and Orange Cassidy match and found it to be pretty fun and Kylie could be a big star. 

Edited by Hagan
  • Like 1

Her age is legit - I think what you saw is either

A) faulty memory

or (and more likely)

B) a typo

EDIT - just to further clarify that her age is legit. Police records indicate that when she was arrested in 2008 she was 22