DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I've never heard anyone in my life say "a split"

------

It's not exactly good, but Rick Martel vs HBK from SummerSlam '92 is a lot of fun. Actually, that show was loaded for same alignment matches.

Were any of the Flair/Kolof matches good?

• Thanks 1

Wasn't the DX vs Nation of Domination feud entirely heel vs heel? And the Nation vs Los Boricuas vs DOA deal?

1 minute ago, AxB said:

Wasn't the DX vs Nation of Domination feud entirely heel vs heel? And the Nation vs Los Boricuas vs DOA deal?

Pretty sure DX were babyfaces at the time, albeit attitude era jackass babyfaces

14 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm trying to think... Steamboat over Savage at WM3? Of all the Chicago shows I've been to the only one that really comes to mind was Punk and Cabana beating the Briscoes for the tag titles.

Oh yeah, Undertaker beating Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship at WM 23. Duh.

Sweet! I was the ring announcer for that one. It was extra special because I used to drive Punk & Cabana from the Cleveland airport to the IWC Pittsburgh shows.

• Like 2

Does the original Benoit v. Booker T Best of 7 series count as Fave v. Face or was Benoit the de facto heel since he was a Horsemen (though the Horsemen were kinda faces by then due to the NWO)?

James

2 hours ago, Gorman said:

Sweet! I was the ring announcer for that one. It was extra special because I used to drive Punk & Cabana from the Cleveland airport to the IWC Pittsburgh shows.

Oh awesome!! That was a huge moment. Glad you could have been a part of it especially given your history with Punk and Cabana.

I really wish they didn't have a falling out. Does stuff like that affect you at all given your previous proximity to them?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

Oof.

Ouch. Sounds like Punk and Cabana's relationship is beyond repair. If I want to steal a former gimmick of another former Punk friend, Punk and Cabana's relationship is Far Beyond Driven.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This shit bums me out. I almost still feel like Punk is to blame for this, but maybe Colt misread or misunderstood the offer or maybe he really did do something to make it so Punk and his lawyer couldn't trust Colt.

And it wasn't the rumored going to a WWE live event before anyone brings it up because that's been refuted more than once, and at least once by Colt.

• Like 1

Been lucky for title changes.  I've seen all of them change hands live except for Universal:

Sid d. Shawn Michaels (SurSer '96)

Big Show d. Brock Lesnar AND Shawn Michaels d. HHH  (SurSer '02)

REDACTED d. HHH/Shawn Michaels (Mania XX)

John Cena d. Edge (Rumble '06)

Shinsuke Nakamura d. Samoa Joe (Takeover: Brooklyn 2)

Drew McIntyre d. Bobby Roode (Takover: Brooklyn 3)

Too many IC/US/Tag switches to remember.   

Also:   Matt Taven d. Jay Lethal/Marty Scrull AND Kazucha Okada d. Jay White (G1 Supercard)