DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

3 hours ago, FireThunder said:

I got to see Triple H beat Foley for the WWE title on Raw. Didn't expect that.

Oh shit. Forgot about that too. I saw Foley win the title in the triple threat vs Austin and HHH at SummerSlam.

I was hyped to see HHH win the title there, but he didn't. And then we had shit weather the entire drive home and I didn't get home until after Raw was off the air. Found out on IRC that HHH won the title.

Oh yeah, and the Target Center or whatever it's called now sucks.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

For heel vs. heel

The Shield vs. Wyatt Family

Hadn't they Shield already turned on the Authority (or at least Kane) and started to target heels at that point, though?

I was at the Hennig-Bockwinkel title change in the Cow Palace at Superclash 2. I know that it got held up after, but it was ultimately established as a Hennig victory, so that counts, right?

I was also at the same venue for the San Francisco 49ers match between Booker T and Jeff Jarrett for the vacant WCW title. 

I saw the Rock beat Booker for the WCW title at Summerslam 2001, but I'm not sure if post merger WCW reigns would fit the criteria of a "World Title".

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Should there be? 

Honestly, some heel vs. heel matches do work sometimes.

A heel vs. heel match could have some benefits if you have two heels who are catching fire and getting cheered for their talent to really say "okay. It's clear something's coming to a head here...let's put these two heels into direct competition, see who the fans choose, and we may have something here if we turn that heel face."

I saw Ric Flair win the I-C title from Carlito though more importantly he actually hit a move off the top rope!  

And I've probably mentioned this a dozen times but I was there when CM Punk cashed in the MITB briefcase to beat Edge for his first title reign which I still consider to be the greatest booked opening segment in RAW history.  Jim Ross giving his RAW farewell being the catalyst to Edge losing his title was brilliant storytelling (by WWE standards.)

• Like 1

Los Angeles Angels reliever Hansel Robles uses the Undertaker's theme when he enters games. It was mentioned by Yankees play by play announcer, Michael Kay that Robles is a big WWE and Undertaker fan. It was audible watching the game on tv. According to Kay, Robles asked the Angels staff to put together an Undertaker like entrance video for him with a white horse and the moon. Robles uses Taker's most recent theme "Rest in Peace". I imagine using the original funeral dirge at a ballgame would be incredibly awkward and unsettling for most people.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1