DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

37 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

They just played Becky Lynch's music to hype the crowd during the Carolina/ Washington game. 

27 minutes ago, Peck said:

TON of WWE themes throughout the NHL playoffs. Have heard Angle, Austin, Rollins, Lynch, Warrior, Roode just off the top of my head this past week. Sure there's been others too. 

Becky Lynch and Seth Rollins were played in St. Louis tonight.

Edited by elizium

59 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

They just played Becky Lynch's music to hype the crowd during the Carolina/ Washington game.

I don't know if they still do it or not as I haven't been to a game in years, but whenever the Hurricanes would score at a home game they'd play video of Ric Flair wearing a Canes jersey wooo-ing repeatedly.

1 hour ago, Peck said:

TON of WWE themes throughout the NHL playoffs. Have heard Angle, Austin, Rollins, Lynch, Warrior, Roode just off the top of my head this past week. Sure there's been others too.

Celtics always play "The Game"  theme and I hear a lot of places play Stone Cold.  Also,  randomly heard AJ Styles theme at a basketball game. 

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:28 AM, MarcosLoura said:

I really don't even care about wrestling but New Day makes me happy.

I really hope my gut feeling that they are going to use Owens teaming with Woods and Kofi as a storyline catalyst to turn E heel when he comes back is wrong. Those three are gold together and after all we have seen leading up to Kofimania, does anyone really want to see them fight?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Phil4126 said:

I really hope my gut feeling that they are going to use Owens teaming with Woods and Kofi as a storyline catalyst to turn E heel when he comes back is wrong. Those three are gold together and after all we have seen leading up to Kofimania, does anyone really want to see them fight?

5.jpg?w=455&h=304&crop=1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Celtics always play "The Game"  theme and I hear a lot of places play Stone Cold.  Also,  randomly heard AJ Styles theme at a basketball game. 

Mervyn King, a darts player uses the King of Kings Triple H theme and Time to Play the Game for Martin Gould who plays snooker.

• Like 1

And your random Wrestler YouTube cameo of the day: The Science of Mortal Kombat!

Not sure why the presenter has such a 'Kids TV' style in a video that's inappropriate for children, but oh well. It's basically Deadliest Warrior videogame edition.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 1

Imperium isn't going to help namewise with the idiots who immediately think Walter's in the SS and a Nazi gimmick based on...being German and not knowing what kampf means, so assuming it's Hitler. First thing you get are results from that Radcliffe film about White Supremacists.

Thankfully someone already found the quote so I didn't have to

Also it supposedly isn't the first time Punk has done this - just appears it is the first time it has gotten attention

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Imperium isn't going to help namewise with the idiots who immediately think Walter's in the SS and a Nazi gimmick based on...being German and not knowing what kampf means, so assuming it's Hitler. First thing you get are results from that Radcliffe film about White Supremacists.

Well, at least they're not Vikings...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

That wasn't Punk though ?

Or, hmm, maybe it was. The promoter of the event is saying it was Punk.

It absolutely was him. See the first couple posts in the twitter thread.

4 hours ago, Ryan said:

Yes, but Imperium and Ringkampf sound cooler than European Union.

• Like 3

Weirdest wrestling music in a hockey game use I heard was when St. Louis had Brian Elliott who was nicknamed Moose and played Mooses ROH theme song.  I mean, the song made sense but I was kinda shocked ROH was on the music guy’s radar!

• Like 1