DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

so Mike Johnson is saying WWE is holding the status of Daniel Bryan's injury close to the vest and aren't saying a word about it to anyone. That's... not good, surely?

That's how they treat most injuries now.

I'm not sure why there seems to be no rhyme or reason for the injuries they disclose for some wrestlers, like Big E, but others they stay tight lipped about.

27 minutes ago, Casey said:

If it wasn't anything brain related you'd think they'd release the info to stop rampant speculation, though. His story was pretty high profile at the time.

Yeah.

And, hey, if this is the end, it sucks, but at least he got this past year, and went out with an absolute classic at the biggest show of the year.

• Like 2

Meltzer was saying something similar this morning re: Bryan. Basically anytime he gets injured and they don’t talk about it, he gets concerned (He said Sasha Banks is the other one in that category too)

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Yeah.

And, hey, if this is the end, it sucks, but at least he got this past year, and went out with an absolute classic at the biggest show of the year.

no personalized championship is ever going to top The Weed Belt, so glad we got that too.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I was thinking Killian Dain would fit right into the Viking Experience, then I got to thinking how many guys they have that look like potential Vikings at the moment

-War Raiders, Sarah Logan, Killian Dain, Rowan, Brawn, Lars Sullivan, Aleister Black.

I want to see a gigantic Viking nwo loot and pillage their way through the company.

Luke Harper also, if he didn't just ask for his release

3 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

New World Odin?

3 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

That just sounds like a white supremacist group.

The closest I could find was the Soldiers of Odin.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

I wish El Generico could take a break from running the orphanage to shut this Sami Zayn character up. Maybe Generico doesn't trust Kevin Steen with all those kids. I guess I can understand that. KILL STEEN KILL isn't a message you want to pass on to impressionable young minds.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

El Generico can stay gone. It's crazy that Sami ever wrestled under a mask. 

I was liking Sami's heel turn after saving KO during the match vs. Shane. This feels very blasé so far. Since last fall, we've seen similar heel runs with Ambrose claiming to be the moral compass and Bryan accusing the fans of being fickle. Ambrose's was awful while Bryan hit a home run with his. 

Match wise, I think the only Sami match I take over a Generico match is when he won the NXT title from the man formerly known as Adrian Neville.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I was liking Sami's heel turn after saving KO during the match vs. Shane. This feels very blasé so far. Since last fall, we've seen similar heel runs with Ambrose claiming to the moral compass and Bryan accusing the fans of being fickle. Ambrose's was awful while Bryan hit a home run with his. 

Match wise, I think the only Sami match I take over a Generico match is when he won the NXT title from the man formerly known as Adrian Neville.

• Like 1

I'm just getting caught up with this Viking Experience thing, which apparently is so dumb that it's getting penetration in geek-adjacent media, and all I have to give is my own crappy alternative to this naming:

The Raiding Party - Erik Jotunheim and The Dane.

Mostly because I think calling someone just "The Dane" is dope as fuck, don't ask me why. And I bet if I plug this shit into a game of EWR, it'll get over, too. 

5 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I'm just getting caught up with this Viking Experience thing, which apparently is so dumb that it's getting penetration in geek-adjacent media, and all I have to give is my own crappy alternative to this naming:

The Raiding Party - Erik Jotunheim and The Dane.

Mostly because I think calling someone just "The Dane" is dope as fuck, don't ask me why. And I bet if I plug this shit into a game of EWR, it'll get over, too. 

What if it's Dane Cook?

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What if it's Dane Cook?

If he was just called "The Dane," he'd be no less unfunny, but at least he'd have a great stage name. 

Edited by Smelly McUgly

19 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

If he was just called "The Dane," he'd be no less unfunny, but at least he'd have a great stage name. 

I thought his first CD and Comedy Central Presents "Harmful if Swallowed" was funny. I wasn't crazy about much of his stuff after that, but I hear he's grown a lot as a comedian over the last several years. I also feel for the guy, losing both parents to cancer in about a year and getting fucked out of a lot money by his brother, who was his manager.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

6 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Which leads me to ask what is the best (or most effectively worked) Dusty finish of all-time within pro wrestling?

Jericho/HHH in the title match that "didn't happen."  The pop over the finish turned Jericho from mid-carder to star.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, nate said:

I said to my friends during Mania something about Kofi's kicks to the head (those where he held Bryan's wrists and stomped him out) looked scary.

I was concerned about those and with the news that Bryan's injured. You'd hope it's not concussion related but with Bryan's history...

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I was liking Sami's heel turn after saving KO during the match vs. Shane. This feels very blasé so far. Since last fall, we've seen similar heel runs with Ambrose claiming to the moral compass and Bryan accusing the fans of being fickle. Ambrose's was awful while Bryan hit a home run with his. 

Glad you brought up Sami Zayn vs. Adrian Neville at NXT TakeOver: R-Evolution 2014, that's a great match. I'd also recommend Zayn vs. Shinsuke Nakamura at NXT TakeOver: Dallas 2016.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1