DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I think people also misremember Sanity's place in the NXT pecking order. Sure, they were in the main event of that one TakeOver. But they were firmly middle-of-the-pack their entire run. It was never all that surprising seeing them slip through the cracks when even a lot of high-profile NXT acts struggle to find their footing on the main roster. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

I mean they were tag champs so I am not sure I would go "middle of the pack" the entire time

Outside of the DIY/Revival stretch, I've never really seen the tag belts being the thing on the show.

Then again, the way I tier things in my head my be different then most. But Sanity was a clear step down in quality and importance between the DIY/Revival days and Undisputed. 

Just now, MORELOCK said:

Those of you doubting Wolfe should go back and watch the match where they won those belts against AoP. I thought he was the star of the match. It's on Takeover Brooklyn III.

I'll put it on the list. I'll certainly grant that those TakeOvers are dense shows and stuff that would stand-out elsewhere can slip through the cracks. 

All I would say is that I don't think using card placement on a Takeover is the best metric since it is almost always NXT Championship is last

24 Takeovers

Main Events

• 18 NXT Championship
  • 2 WarGames
  • 1 NXT Women's Title
  • 1 NXT Tag Title
  • 2 Other
  • Like 1

I'm not using card placement to judge Sanity. I'm using their place on the weekly TV shows as firmly less important than Undisputed Era, etc. 

My argument was bracing against others (if not here than elsewhere) who would use that one career-highlight War Games match to prop up the group's importance. 

Dain was indeed the MVP of WarGames and a bunch of other matches as well. I thought he had a ton of potential as a main card monster and instead he was called up to disappear.

• Like 2

Whew, that Spurs/Man City game had the best non-pro wrestling Dusty finish of all-time.

Which leads me to ask what is the best (or most effectively worked) Dusty finish of all-time within pro wrestling?

• Like 2

I was thinking Killian Dain would fit right into the Viking Experience, then I got to thinking how many guys they have that look like potential Vikings at the moment

-War Raiders, Sarah Logan, Killian Dain, Rowan, Brawn, Lars Sullivan, Aleister Black.

I want to see a gigantic Viking nwo loot and pillage their way through the company.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I was thinking Killian Dain would fit right into the Viking Experience, then I got to thinking how many guys they have that look like potential Vikings at the moment

-War Raiders, Sarah Logan, Killian Dain, Rowan, Brawn, Lars Sullivan, Aleister Black.

I want to see a gigantic Viking nwo loot and pillage their way through the company.

New World Odin?

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Although I guess this explains “The Viking Experience”: coming up with a Norse mythos/Viking sounding team name that doesn’t yet sound too much like a white supremacist organization is pretty difficult ?

at least they just sound like a cruise line this way 

• Like 2