DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Per Meltzer - He believes Harper's deal is up in Nov (he acknowledged he could be off a month in either direction)

They did note that the WWE could extend his contract for 6 months due to injury (like they did with Rey)

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Per Meltzer - He believes Harper's deal is up in Nov (he acknowledged he could be off a month in either direction)

They did note that the WWE could extend his contract for 6 months due to injury (like they did with Rey)

I really hope they're not going to be petty and extend a guy they clearly have no plans for, but this is WWE, so I do expect them to be that petty.

• Like 2

I'm kinda wondering exactly what kind of chaos Vince could cause if he decided to do a huge culling in say, late June/beginning of July of everyone that creative doesn't have anything for and the Internet thinks is just "wasted talent".  

8 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I'm kinda wondering exactly what kind of chaos Vince could cause if he decided to do a huge culling in say, late June/beginning of July of everyone that creative doesn't have anything for and the Internet thinks is just "wasted talent".  

So, it's just the internet that thinks talent is being wasted? Give me a reasonable argument of how Luke Harper isn't being wasted. Erick Rowan, who was always the lesser of the Harper/Rowan pairing gets paired with Daniel Bryan. How is Luke Harper not being wasted when he's ready to return and gets nothing?

I think the comment is more a general comment not specific to Harper

Almost every person who requests their release - there is at least one person who is all THE WWE WASTED THEM SO MUCH~!

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Almost every person who requests their release - there is at least one person who is all THE WWE WASTED THEM SO MUCH~!

What Phil said.  

10 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I got a bunch of sad face reactions when I posted the Alexander Wolfe tweet.

I have a hard time believing anyone cares that strongly about the fourth most talented member of Sanity. If you do, fine. But... not everyone is that special. 

I like Wolfe. I saw no reason why he and Dain couldn't be kept together on the main roster that really can't support two sets of tag titles. Was I clamoring for an Alexander Wolfe singles push? No.

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

My specific gripe is the misuse/non-use of Harper.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I like Wolfe. I saw no reason why he and Dain couldn't be kept together on the main roster that really can't support two sets of tag titles. Was I clamoring for an Alexander Wolfe singles push? No.

Even then, I see no burning need to prioritize that team compared with some of the other teams on either roster. 

Someone’s gotta be at the bottom of the ladder. I can’t think of a decent reason it shouldn’t be Sanity. 

I go back to Raz’s point. If you squint hard enough, everyone is under-utilized. 

As long as Epico and Primo ae employed, there's the bottom of your tag ladder. The B-Team as well. Tyler Breeze and Fandango if they're re-united. I'm not clamoring for any of them to get a real push. Heath Slater and Rhyno if they're still together. The Singh Brothers. There's plenty at the bottom of the ladder there.

• Like 1

The way the WWE works, with most matches being short, formulaic TV affairs, means that for a lot of their wrestlers it's easy to show potential. Very few actually get to perform to the best of their ability. So guys can seem like they were wasted; In some cases, we know they were because we'd seen them be awesome elsewhere. In other cases, guys showed flashes within the system that might lead you to think they had more to offer than they were able to exhibit, but as it turned out, flashes was all they had. Mentioning no names, Damien Sandow. But you also have Cody Rhodes, who was never really in position to have a great match in WWE, but was great in ROH (and I thought him vs Magnus was MOTN at All In, which seemed unlikely beforehand).

Of course, there's also Nzo. But even then, someone somewhere probably thinks WWE wasted his meagre talents.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I got a bunch of sad face reactions when I posted the Alexander Wolfe tweet.

I have a hard time believing anyone cares that strongly about the fourth most talented member of Sanity. If you do, fine. But... not everyone is that special. 

Eh, I liked Wolfe more than Young. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

To each their own. I’ve been marginally entertained by Young over the years and recognize him as an adequate promo.

Wolfe has made no impression on me whatsoever. 

Same. Wolfe is fine in tag matches and wild brawls where he can do his thing.

EY is the better talent though.

• Like 1

It's just weird that Sanity got called up and got absolutely nothing to do after that one quick feud with the New Day. It's fine if you see them as your bottom of the ladder team, but being bottom of the ladder implies that they're at least on the ladder. And they were not.

• Like 1

Every wrestling promoter who ever worked with Johnny Mundo used him to main event a big show, with the title on the line. Vince McMahon made him wrestle Dolph Ziggler a thousand times. What a waste.

• Like 1

The biggest reason why things seem so stale all the time in WWE is because they do such a piss poor job of utilising their huge and talented roster. Instead of running the same matches between the same combination of guys year round, why not cycle some new guys in, even if it's just for extended squashes? You forget half these guys are even employeed, and with the amount of content they have to put out, that's unforgiveable for me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

The biggest reason why things seem so stale all the time in WWE is because they do such a piss poor job of utilising their huge and talented roster. Instead of running the same matches between the same combination of guys year round, why not cycle some new guys in, even if it's just for extended squashes? You forget half these guys are even employeed, and with the amount of content they have to put out, that's unforgiveable for me. 

I would think The easiest thing to do would be give every wrestler one month off of TV/house shows. Wtestlers can get minor operations, heal up nagging injuries, just recharge or work on stuff at PC.  Said wrestlers could get “injured” on way out then have a waiting angle in the way back.  And just about everyone will get that “surprise” pop when they come back.  Meanwhile others can be cycled in for matches when the others are on break.  There’s literally no downside.