DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

6 hours ago, Hagan said:

So, Bray is coming back as a comedy act, right? No way the buzzard puppet is meant to be taken seriously and the rumor was this was a RADICAL change. I'm game for Bray Wyatt as Santino. 

I'm guessing Bray's wife wouldn't be down with the idea of Sarah/Liv leaving the Riot Squad to become the Wyatt Squad with Bray Wyatt?

Now, if they team Bray and Bo up as the first brother tag team that is treated like they're not brothers..

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Remember when Mania was setting to seemingly have Harper in a WWE title match at Mania and they didn’t go that direction and instead we had the shit of a Orton/Wyatt feud that killed Bray forever? Good times.

He was never seemingly being set up for a WM title match. Its more a case that he totally should have been given how over he was getting at the time.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Eivion said:

He was never seemingly being set up for a WM title match. Its more a case that he totally should have been given how over he was getting at the time.

I don't know. It may be nitpicking over words, but I'd agree that he was seemingly being set up to be in the title match at Mania. He was involved in that angle for at least a month, no more than two, leading up to Mania, where he ultimately lost to Orton for the #1 contender spot? Is that right? That feels right.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I don't know. It may be nitpicking over words, but I'd agree that he was seemingly being set up to be in the title match at Mania. He was involved in that angle for at least a month, no more than two, leading up to Mania, where he ultimately lost to Orton for the #1 contender spot? Is that right? That feels right.

He was involved, but it was obvious it was going to be Bray vs. Orton. It was just also obvious it shouldn't have been since Harper was more over than both at the time.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

He was involved, but it was obvious it was going to be Bray vs. Orton. It was just also obvious it shouldn't have been since Harper was more over than both at the time.

You're right about that. It was a lot of wishful thinking on our part.

And then came Mania with probably the worst WWE Title match ever with the stupid ass graphics of cockroaches or whatever. So stupid.

• Like 3

To be fair - at least he was involved in that match - which, match quality aside, was one of the higher profile matches of the card

And he was teaming with the world champ post Mania

Problem was being saddled with Rowan and injuries... again...

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

No. My money is on either Roman or Vince himself.

Unless he's turning heel (and he's obviously not) pinning this announcement on Roman by Vince himself would be the most unfair and dumb thing of all time. And if it's Brock it kind of breaks all kinds on nonsense due to the fact that you know, he was already on the show.

2 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

They really ought to get around to addressing the obvious morale issues they have with the talent.

I feel like WWE addressing its morale issues would be a lot like the scenes with the Bob's in Office Space.

I'm more than ready for Brodie Lee to tear it up on the indies again and/or Japan if he gets his release and the 90 day no compete passes.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, matt925 said:

How I imagine the conversation went:

"Luke.... how would you like to be the 3rd member of THE VIKING EXPERIENCE?!"

"I officially request my release"

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

12 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

How I imagine the conversation went:

"Luke.... how would you like to be the 3rd member of THE VIKING EXPERIENCE?!"

"I officially request my release"

Eric Young is there to be the third member, Hagar the Horrible.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

the thing about the stupid Viking Experience name is that if you just shorten it to VX, then you have a tag team that is named after a deadly nerve agent

but that can never happen because VX is way too close to DX

See how last week was Wrestlemania, and Hogan was hanging around with Vince for the first time in ages? Maybe, just maybe, Hogan, after years and decades of trying, finally got Vince to listen to some Hendrix.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I got my hopes up Luke Harper was going to be added to the WWE Championship match between Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt at WrestleMania XXXIII. What a terrible match that was with the projection shit on to the canvas. 

Luke Harper will tear it up in the indies and Japan.

• Like 3

Guest Edwin

EVOLVE -- their current roster is weak and heavily relying on NXT wrestlers. Maybe time to try and pick up Harper and pair him up with Kingston and the Unwanted.

48 minutes ago, Edwin said:

EVOLVE -- their current roster is weak and heavily relying on NXT wrestlers. Maybe time to try and pick up Harper and pair him up with Kingston and the Unwanted.

If I'm Brodie Lee, Evolve is still far too close to WWE for my liking. It is basically their AA affiliate. He did work for them in their early days, along with also working for Gabe in DGUSA.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

18 hours ago, Hagan said:

I was thinking of guys with only one reign and winnowing it down to just the WWE title. The Swagger World title  reign at least gave us the Eagle.  

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Even with you super strict criteria - the answer is Kane

Since his reign was one day and he just flip-flopped the title with Austin so he wasn't even transitional

AND his win is forgotten because it was the match immediately after the Taker/Mankind Cell match

17 hours ago, Raziel said:

The criteria is the WWE Title, the one that goes back to 63.  The other offshoot/unifieds in doesn't count.

Honestly, that criteria is a question mark, since it'd also help winnow down the possible "most irrelevant champs ever".

For instance- from the examples- Kane and Rey Mysterio had irrelevant WWE Title reigns, but they had perfectly acceptable reigns with the Big Gold Belt, so calling them an irrelevant World Champion isn't totally accurate. 

As far as most irrelevant champion, I'd still go with The Great Khali. Even if he just held the Big Gold Belt, the stat that'd put him over the top for most irrelevant is damning:

The Great Khali is the only man to win a World Title during a year of the WWE, then go on to wrestle in the preshow battle royal at the next Wrestlemania. No injuries keeping them off the card, no ECW handling a question mark- no excuses except "you were World Champion this year, and you still somehow weren't good enough to make the cut for the Wrestlemania main card."

(If you need it to be WWE title, then Dean Ambrose would get the honor due to being the only other person to go from World Title reign to the preshow at Wrestlemania- but at least Ambrose had a regular match with Baron Corbin, and Ambrose at least 'should have' been on the Wrestlemania card if not for people complaining the SD women didn't make the cut.)