DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I dunno, I feel that this is gonna be a Funkasaurus deal. Everyone expect the spooky, sinister Bray and instead we get wacky babyface with a puppet. Maybe I'm wrong but when I saw that...and I know their sense of humor is completely off-base most of the time...it seems like that was meant to be played for laughs. 

1 hour ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

He's not THE answer, but Ambrose feels like the runner up to Bray's title run, an utterly unmemorable run

Ambrose at least had a really memorable title win in his hometown, he defended the title against Rollins and Reigns, and he ultimately wound up losing it to Styles in a good match. I think that Ambrose run was more remarkable for what happened after he won the title because he had the whole feud with Cena and Styles where Ambrose was probably doing his best work.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Ambrose at least had a really memorable title win in his hometown, he defended the title against Rollins and Reigns, and he ultimately wound up losing it to Styles in a good match. I think that Ambrose run was more remarkable for what happened after he won the title because he had the whole feud with Cena and Styles where Ambrose was probably doing his best work.

Ambrose cashing in on Seth was also a really great culmination to years of the Shield break up feud, and a great callback moment to Seth's 31 cash in. Just a cool moment overall. Let's also not forget that Ambrose taking the title to Smackdown led to the creation of the Galactic Ketchup Championship so it's pretty important in the grand scheme of things. 

Edited by Sammo~!
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JonnyLaw said:

Dammit, there goes my hope of Harper showing up tonight and getting a big push.

Sounds like he took a look at tonight's script and so did his. 

• Like 3

I know not everything is always about money but the talent must not be making THAT much more money in WWE right now than they feel they would either make or save by going out on the indy scene or signing with AEW/ROH etc.   Passion and art only go so far. I'm sure it depends on who you are also.   AJ Styles it was reported he was not happy but then he signed a new contract so I'm sure he was well compensated.  

6 hours ago, Hagan said:

So, Bray is coming back as a comedy act, right? No way the buzzard puppet is meant to be taken seriously and the rumor was this was a RADICAL change. I'm game for Bray Wyatt as Santino. 

Is the buzzard in the box vignette and the one last night with the creepy doll in the rocking chair , both for Bray? Maybe we're finally going to get Sister Abigail wrestling that we missed out on in 2017 due to illness. Broken Bray Wyatt.

3 hours ago, nofuture said:

Jinder's title run has to be in the conversation, although we were close to having Corbin win the title after him.

I still love the pop for Corbin's cash in. I know all cash ins get a pop but this one felt extra huge. And there was actually like 3 separate pops, one for when he first comes out, one when he officially cashes in, and one when the bell rings.. then it slowly died down from there. Great moment and even if most hated it, I thought Jinder was a great top heel and wish he was still in the mix somewhat rather than going right back to where he was before the title win.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Agreed, big fan of Ambrose's reign. His feud with Ziggler remains my highlight, while the match at SummerSlam ultimately ended up disappointing, I thought the promos leading up to it were the best of both guys careers.  Great job coming off like 'the man' while he had it.

• Like 1

Two small little point of orders

1) Remember Harper just asked for his release not that it was granted

2) Harper is kind of goofy on social media so I could see this being some wacky HAHAHA! FOOLED YOU! in the end (That is a small change but still)

For the record - Meltzer is confirming that Harper hasn't been granted his release... yet

(Assuming they are willing to let him go I am assuming they are working out some sort of deal with him where he agrees not to go to like AEW (and maybe ROH) for X amount of time)